News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 14, 2021, 11:20:45 AM

Don't the Germans currently make you wear a mask? And aren't they currently governed by the Christian Democratic Union? Current events lesson of the day.

So basically 21st Century Germany and 1930s Germany are exactly the same? Merkel is Hitler!!!!111
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

I don't think the poster concerned himself very much with Germany. Or history.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2021, 01:01:26 PM
Don't the Germans currently make you wear a mask? And aren't they currently governed by the Christian Democratic Union? Current events lesson of the day.

So basically 21st Century Germany and 1930s Germany are exactly the same? Merkel is Hitler!!!!111

At demonstrations against Covid measures, people were claiming they were living in a dictatorship and drawing parallels to the NS regime. With some wearing yellow Stars of David labeled "not vaccinated" and similar.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Damn I guess doing basic public health policy is something that only Nazi Germany ever did before 2020.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I forgot to add my sister's comment:

QuoteYou think I'm crazy? they said it wasn't happening in Germany too, they turned a blind eye to it, they made them look less human, they turned a portion of the population against them, that's how it started, its for their own good they said! that's how it started! are you going to keep quiet?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Syt, don't take this the wrong way, but I think some of the political views that your sisters share are a bit on the offensive side.

Valmy

Yeah I am probably going to keep quiet about that since I have no idea what you are talking about. The Nazis convinced everybody that everybody should wear yellow stars of David to protect against the spread of infectious disease?

Anyway there are no real penalties for not wearing a mask so there is that also.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on May 14, 2021, 03:08:27 PM
I forgot to add my sister's comment:

QuoteYou think I'm crazy? they said it wasn't happening in Germany too, they turned a blind eye to it, they made them look less human, they turned a portion of the population against them, that's how it started, its for their own good they said! that's how it started! are you going to keep quiet?

Victimhood is the strongest force in the galaxy after compound interest.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on May 14, 2021, 03:12:00 PM
Syt, don't take this the wrong way, but I think some of the political views that your sisters share are a bit on the offensive side.
:o
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 14, 2021, 01:16:33 AM
WTF is that?!

My guess is that it is quite old, or at least some parts of it are.  Many Orthodox Jews are resistant to change but even they will admit that the Six Day War was more than 35 years ago.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2021, 01:40:32 PM
Damn I guess doing basic public health policy is something that only Nazi Germany ever did before 2020.
Unlike their usual totalitarian approach, the Nazis were actually surprisingly soft on mandatory vaccinations (unlike say Bismarck who coerced people using force). They had a surprisingly strong adherence to "natural medicine" and considered vaccinations Jewish. 

Valmy

Ah man really? I guess any bad idea will be found to be embraced by the Nazis.

Josquius

The nazis being anti vax... Hadn't heard that though it does fit in with their general anti science outlook. I need to know more about this.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2021, 08:42:30 AM
The nazis being anti vax... Hadn't heard that though it does fit in with their general anti science outlook. I need to know more about this.

They were not anti-vax per se, but in this particular area of policy they did not use force and tried to convince people to participate in the vaccinations against small pox and diphtheria. The Wehrmacht was apparently the main proponent of mandatory vaccination. But in the implementation of Bismarck's mandatory smallpox vaccination law of 1874, the Nazis allowed more parental discretion than before. That law was more stringently enforced by both the Reich before and the GDR afterwards, not so much the FRG. On diphtheria, they did not make vaccinations mandatory, but rather made comprehensive propaganda campaign and easy accessibility the key and achieved a very high vaccination rate.

Here is an article:

QuoteErstaunlicherweise galt das selbst im "Dritten Reich". So berüchtigt die Nazi-Gesundheitspolitik ab 1933 für unmenschliche Zwangsmaßnahmen und abscheuliche Medizinverbrechen ist - beim Impfen ging sie andere Wege. Wenige Monate nach dem Machtantritt versprach Reichsinnenminister Wilhelm Frick die Einführung einer "Gewissensklausel", um dem "Volksempfinden" Rechnung zu tragen. Im NS-Staat sollten Eltern ihre Kinder von der Pockenimpfung zurückstellen können.

Sein Versprechen konnte Frick zwar nicht halten; insbesondere die Wehrmacht ging wegen der Lockerungen auf die Barrikaden und warnte vor einem Verlust der "Wehrfähigkeit". Allerdings war von einer Impfpflicht aufgrund großzügiger Ausnahmeregelungen ab Mitte der Dreißigerjahre nur noch wenig zu spüren.

Noch klarer war der Kurswechsel bei der Impfung gegen Diphtherie. Ende der Dreißigerjahre nahmen deutsche Gesundheitsämter den Kampf gegen die Infektionskrankheit auf, die jedes Jahr Tausende Kinder hinwegraffte. Statt auf Gesetze und Polizisten setzten sie indes auf Aufklärung und Werbung: Die Deutschen vom Nutzen der Diphtherie-Impfung überzeugen sollten bunte Plakate und Broschüren, Hörspiele im Radio, Filme im Kinovorprogramm und sogar Theaterstücke. Hinzu kamen niedrigschwellige Angebote mobiler "Impftrupps", die vor Ort für Immunität sorgten. Überzeugungsarbeit sollte also die "Volksgenossen" zum Impfarzt bringen, nicht Druck oder körperlicher Zwang.

"Weshalb Zwang, wenn es freiwillig geht"
Der Erfolg war beachtlich. Während die Impfquote gegen Pocken lediglich zwischen 68 und 82 Prozent lag, erreichten freiwillige Diphtherieschutzimpfungen Quoten zwischen 92 und 99 Prozent. Das Reichsinnenministerium zog daraus schon 1938 eine einfache Lehre: "Weshalb also Zwang anwenden, wenn es freiwillig geht."

Die Entdeckung der Freiwilligkeit hing mit der Ökonomisierung des Gesundheitswesens untrennbar zusammen. Für viele Pharmaunternehmen war die Diphtherieschutzimpfung ein Bestseller. Sie schlugen schon aus Eigeninteresse einen neuen Ton an. Vermarktung statt Zwang lautete ihre Devise, die hohe Gewinne versprach. Pharmafirmen wie die Marburger Behringwerke lieferten den Gesundheitsämtern neben Impfstoffen auch reichhaltiges Werbematerial, das der Gesundheitspolitik ein neues Antlitz verlieh.

Interesting enough the "Marburger Behringwerke" mentioned in the article is now the BioNTech mRNA factory.