News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on April 14, 2021, 01:18:01 AM
Isn't your sister a nurse Syt?

Posted by the other sister who "can't use a mask because she can't breathe with it."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Is that Anjelica Huston? I doubt she said that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 14, 2021, 01:38:43 AM

My sisters are fond of sharing edgy "memes" that have "edgy" characters - often witches, Addams family, and - very popular - Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn which has quite significantly soured me on the DC movies she appears in.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Public health and hygiene are bad now? I just...don't...get it. Go live in a 3rd world country where society cannot afford those things and see how privileged you are you miserable shit.

And all I see is a lady giving cops the bird, not shooting them. If cops were just out flipping people off I don't think we would be that upset...though that would be rather unprofessional of theme. Funny how the Constitutional Rights of citizens should be taken away if they act bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2021, 03:02:29 AM

My sisters are fond of sharing edgy "memes" that have "edgy" characters - often witches, Addams family, and - very popular - Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn which has quite significantly soured me on the DC movies she appears in.
if it helps, Harley Quinn is very anti-authority :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2021, 03:02:29 AM

Yeah I don't understand posting memes with quotes with pictures of people who didn't say the quote. I mean WTF is that? They are not even funny meme-able pictures, just them looking at you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I get it.  The person in the picture has an expression the person posting would be expressing if it were a different medium.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2021, 11:07:27 PM
Yeah I don't understand posting memes with quotes with pictures of people who didn't say the quote. I mean WTF is that? They are not even funny meme-able pictures, just them looking at you.

The characters in the memes are avatars. They are what the posters imagine themselves as. In the case of Morticia and Harley: powerful, sexy, non-conventional, dangerous, rebellious, insightful in a way not appreciated by the mainstream.

Josquius

Its amazing how even 4 years of Trump didn't shake the unwavering belief of boot lickers that they're the rebels.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Golly good that Syt's sisters have gone so quiet of the George Floyd case and verdict.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 21, 2021, 08:40:58 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2021, 08:36:04 AM
Floyd George

Being cute or don't know his name?

This is Mongers.  Expecting proper sentence structure and details is expecting too much. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 21, 2021, 08:40:58 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2021, 08:36:04 AM
Floyd George

Being cute or don't know his name?

Having to 'type' on a small phone screen isn't conducive to clear posts.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"