And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on February 23, 2021, 02:35:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2021, 09:38:04 AM
I'm not sure I want to live in country where "only voice is allowed to be heard".  I like music as well.

Be nice to Oleg now. He needs to fill his quota of Facebook posts and is working with Google translate.

That text is by my sister, not Oleg. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

These damn immigrants need to learn English Syt!  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on February 23, 2021, 02:57:24 PM
I'm not sure I want to live in country where "only voice is allowed to be heard".  I like music as well.

Be nice to Oleg now. He needs to fill his quota of Facebook posts and is working with Google translate.

Oh.  I thought they taught Germans how Hitler came to power.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Quote from: Syt on February 23, 2021, 02:57:24 PM

Omg, so all those posts where there is text above a news article is from your sister? You take a screenshot and crop and post?

I commend you sir. Above and beyond for Languish entertainment. Have 42 Zoupa points.

Razgovory

I kinda feel bad about making fun of her poor grammar. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2021, 04:46:31 PM
I kinda feel bad about making fun of her poor grammar. :(

For balance, I should post some of my mainstream centre-left stuff, then you guys could take the piss out of that poor grammar.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on February 23, 2021, 04:13:41 PM
Omg, so all those posts where there is text above a news article is from your sister? You take a screenshot and crop and post?

I commend you sir. Above and beyond for Languish entertainment. Have 42 Zoupa points.

Thanks? :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Which government though?

Ironic to see that film get mentioned in so much right wing propaganda though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Did you sisters not post a bunch of "stolen election" stuff Syt, or is that my imagination?

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2021, 02:10:09 AM
Did you sisters not post a bunch of "stolen election" stuff Syt, or is that my imagination?

My middle sister, her husband and their son in law (the Army First Sgt) did.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I assume the 6 million credited to Hitler is the number of Jews murdered in the Holocaust. I suppose the rest (Soviet POWs, Poles, political enemies, gays, mentally or physically handicapped, Sinti & Roma and other 'undesirables' were armed).

Also: not so subtle "Communists are worse than Hitler" message.

P.S.: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro "did" these things, but Trump had no role in inciting the Jan 6th mob. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I wonder how many Americans are aware of just how creepy this national gun obsession looks from the outside.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2021, 07:43:37 AM
I wonder how many Americans are aware of just how creepy this national gun obsession looks from the outside.

Keep in mind that 15, 20 years ago she was against having a gun at home, because she found it too dangerous to have one around the house.
—Stephen Jay Gould