Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2021, 12:30:50 PM
That is three things.

I count four.
Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to Donald Trump.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

There were no pipe bombs... But the pipe bombs weren't by trump supporters. If you want to talk about antifa pipe bombs then that's OK.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Were there really no pipe bombs?  I never heard that.

And I guess she means the cops who died were Trump supporters too?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

The cop who was hit with a fire extinguisher actually was a Trump supporter, though obviously one whose sense of duty did not leave him.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on February 22, 2021, 03:33:46 AM
The cop who was hit with a fire extinguisher actually was a Trump supporter, though obviously one whose sense of duty did not leave him.

The first comment on the original post claims he died from a stroke due to a blood clot.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2021, 03:28:19 AM

the pipe bombs were shown in video footage to have been placed between 7:30 and 8:30 pm on January 5th. She's a vile bitch.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2021, 03:28:19 AM

Because there were pipe bombs

She is saying there were no pipe bombs "placed on Jan 6" because the info is that they were placed the evening of Jan 5

This is the kind of argumentation these people engage in.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Pipe bombs being placed on January 5 vs. January 6 is relevant to refute an argument that a speech Trump gave on January 6 inspired a crowd to become violent.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2021, 11:07:34 AM
Pipe bombs being placed on January 5 vs. January 6 is relevant to refute an argument that a speech Trump gave on January 6 inspired a crowd to become violent.

True enough.

But if was whipping the crowd into a frenzy prior to Jan 6, and the Jan 6 was just the final "it's go time", then it doesn't really signify.

Is anyone arguing that Trump's call to insurrection went from zero to 100 on Jan 6, and nothing relevant happened prior?

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on February 22, 2021, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2021, 11:07:34 AM

True enough.

But if was whipping the crowd into a frenzy prior to Jan 6, and the Jan 6 was just the final "it's go time", then it doesn't really signify.

Is anyone arguing that Trump's call to insurrection went from zero to 100 on Jan 6, and nothing relevant happened prior?

Nope.

But the fact that a bomb was planted prior to January 6 does seem to be a relevant defense fact.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

No it is not a relevant defense fact, it is the opposite.

No one ever claimed that the pipe bombs were placed DURING the insurrection; that would be absurd.

The belief was and always has been that the the bombs may have been placed beforehand to draw away police from the Capitol. 

That fits completely with the fact that they were initially planted the night before.
--Joan Robinson