News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on February 06, 2021, 05:54:03 PM
This here would be a good spot for people on CC's side to show they care about intellectually honesty, and call him out for being way out of line.
I could do it, but then, I'd had to read the whole thread from where it started.  So, instead, I'll let you all argue about whatever it is you are arguing.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

So, how about those whacky relatives?  Wild stuff, eh?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on February 07, 2021, 12:30:52 PM
So, how about those whacky relatives?  Wild stuff, eh?

Yeah, CC and Berkut being 2nd cousins means they often fight when they get together.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 06, 2021, 08:36:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 06, 2021, 05:54:56 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 06, 2021, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 06, 2021, 01:41:48 PM
Berkut's view becomes more understandable.  At a very superficial level this discussion is about a label.  At that superficial level one might worry about who might be offended.  If you define the "good guys" as the people you need to bring into the tent to win elections, without offending them, then you can avoid entirely the objective fact that white skinned people are privileged.

Go fuck yourself.

You are now accusing me of having as my agenda NOT to actually enact change, but to AVOID enacting change - that my position is an attempt to avoid "objective fact". You are accusing me, in fact, of being a racist intent on promoting racism.

That is so exactly opposite my entire point, and indeed my entire perspective through over ten years of discourse on Languish, there is no possible way you could arrive at such a fucking obtuse position in anything approaching good faith or honesty.

I am not accusing you of anything.  I am commenting on the effect of your position. I could not care less what your motivations might be.

But it is clear you really really don't like people pointing out that your positions are not as virtuous or correct as you imagine them to be.

A coward and a liar. Seriously, fuck off. You are a lying little piece of shit.

So sorry for your inability to counter an argument.  I really really hope this is an internet meme of yours and not how you function in real life circumstances.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2021, 01:44:07 PM
Berkut's view becomes more understandable.  At a very superficial level this discussion is about a label.  At that superficial level one might worry about who might be offended.  If you define the "good guys" as the people you need to bring into the tent to win elections, without offending them, then you can avoid entirely the objective fact that white skinned people are privileged.

Go fuck yourself.

You are now accusing me of having as my agenda NOT to actually enact change, but to AVOID enacting change - that my position is an attempt to avoid "objective fact". You are accusing me, in fact, of being a racist intent on promoting racism.

That is so exactly opposite my entire point, and indeed my entire perspective through over ten years of discourse on Languish, there is no possible way you could arrive at such a fucking obtuse position in anything approaching good faith or honesty.

I am not accusing you of anything.  I am commenting on the effect of your position. I could not care less what your motivations might be.

But it is clear you really really don't like people pointing out that your positions are not as virtuous or correct as you imagine them to be.

So sorry for your inability to counter an argument.  I really really hope this is an internet meme of yours and not how you function in real life circumstances.

Seriously.

You are the first person on Languish I actually think is an actual piece of shit human being. Lying about people when you know you are lying about them is a shitty, douchebag thing to do, and pretending Languish isn't "real life" so that makes it ok just makes you even more of a coward. You don't get a pass because it's "just the internet". So yeah, CC, fuck off. Really. I could not care less how you try to pretend this is me just oh so incapable of responding to YOUR argument. You aren't nearly as smart as you think, and plenty of others have made a hell of a lot better arguments than you have, and didn't need to impugn anyones motives in the process.

So again. Go fuck yourself, you dishonest, weaselly little piece of offal. You will never get another response from me beyond this content, right here.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2021, 03:28:02 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Seriously.

You are the first person on Languish I actually think is an actual piece of shit human being. Lying about people when you know you are lying about them is a shitty, douchebag thing to do, and pretending Languish isn't "real life" so that makes it ok just makes you even more of a coward. You don't get a pass because it's "just the internet". So yeah, CC, fuck off. Really. I could not care less how you try to pretend this is me just oh so incapable of responding to YOUR argument. You aren't nearly as smart as you think, and plenty of others have made a hell of a lot better arguments than you have, and didn't need to impugn anyones motives in the process.

So again. Go fuck yourself, you dishonest, weaselly little piece of offal. You will never get another response from me beyond this content, right here.

Tell me Berkut, does this approach ever work well for you?

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2021, 03:30:16 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Seriously.

One might ask you the same, you dishonest little shit. Do you find lying about other people an effective way to make your point? Has it ever? Is the fact that you are one of the least respected people on the forum made a dent in your insistence on being such a lying little turd?

But yes, so far, in 100% of the cases, it has worked great for me. Thanks for asking.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2021, 03:38:17 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Seriously.

One might ask you the same, you dishonest little shit. Do you find lying about other people an effective way to make your point? Has it ever? Is the fact that you are one of the least respected people on the forum made a dent in your insistence on being such a lying little turd?

But yes, so far, in 100% of the cases, it has worked great for me. Thanks for asking.

typically when I say something a person disagrees with, they explain why they disagree with me.  I have not been called names since elementary school.  Probably says something about the choice of company I keep, and the lack of ability on this platform to only see the posts from the people I value interacting with.

Habbaku

Is your self-control so limited that you can't help but respond to people who you "value interacting with"?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on February 08, 2021, 03:52:04 PM
Is your self-control so limited that you can't help but respond to people who you "value interacting with"?

I really don't mind standing up to bullies.  In fact I quite like it.

Berkut flies off the handle so often that we even created a smilie for it.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2021, 04:00:17 PM

Ahh, so now I am a bully, and you are the victim of bullying? That's just fucking adorable in its blatant lack of self awareness. It is downright Trumpian in its narcissism.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2021, 04:02:45 PM

Ahh, so now I am a bully, and you are the victim of bullying? That's just fucking adorable in its blatant lack of self awareness. It is downright Trumpian in its narcissism.

Well, what do you call a person who stoops to name calling and personal insults when they don't get their way?

Ever consider anger management counseling?

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2021, 04:02:45 PM

I thought that you were not ever going to respond to him again.  :huh:

That's really the best move.  CC's self-delusion is amusing, but interacting with it seems to get your blood boiling, so leave that to those of us that can interact with him and be amused rather than angry.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2021, 03:46:51 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 08, 2021, 03:38:17 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Seriously.

typically when I say something a person disagrees with, they explain why they disagree with me.  I have not been called names since elementary school.  Probably says something about the choice of company I keep, and the lack of ability on this platform to only see the posts from the people I value interacting with.

What's an offal?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".