News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Not by my family (who have been pointedly silent, besides my brother in law sharing Ted Cruz's senate speech from Wednesday), but I like to think the below is accurate:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Has anyone seen much sign of the "These are heroes!" and the "These are antifa crisis actors!" sides clashing?

██████
██████
██████

The Larch

I saw that pic with the comment "Trump supporters realizing why walls don't work".

Syt

Shared by my sister:

QuoteLet me just say this very loud and clear so y'all can hear it way back in the back of the room.

I will never forget or forgive the hatred towards the President of the USA and us his supporters! I will never forget or forgive what democrats and RINOS are calling for now!

"As most anyone whose read my post, I think 'at times' I've hinted as to where my political affinity lies. So given my 'slight'  discomfort with a Joe Biden presidency, I think it only right to call a Spade a Spade and give some equal time analysis to his Pompous, Arrogant, and Bombastic opponent!

I have listened to everyone else's hatred, rhetoric and outright lies for the last four years, so now I am having my say.  If you don't like it, you know where the delete button is.

Let me be clear, I am not a Biden fan. I think he is corrupt, a liar, a racist bigot, is in bed with China and probably suffering from dementia.  He has done nothing to improve anything in his 47-year political career.  But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?

The "arrogant" man in the White House brokered FOUR Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.  READ THAT AGAIN.

The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign WAR since Eisenhower.

The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. EVER.

The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.

The "buffoon" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.

The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.

The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of business back to the US, and revived the economy TO THE BEST ITS EVER BEEN.

This same "clown" lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400  for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.

The "clown" in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines which are now available or will be soon.  And YET! we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.

The "clown" in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.

I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus?  Some of you were even hoping that COVID would be the cause of his demise. (Ah, the left.  The party of "tolerance". )

Please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office, besides making the whole Biden family richer?  By the way, where is Hunter?

I'll take the "clown" any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking hypocritical corrupt liar.  I want a strong leader who isn't afraid to kick some ass when needed. I don't need a fatherly figure.  I don't need a liar.  That's what Hollywood, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times are for.

Call me a chump, a racist, or part of the basket of deplorables in a cult. I do not care!

God bless Donald Trump - the best, most unappreciated President in U.S. history."

Feel free to copy/paste, ..🇺🇸

Her husband:

QuoteComparing the capital breach with 911 is despicable. We have politicians saying they feel the same as when thousands of Americans died from a terrorist attack.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

I dunno man, she's your sister so do what feels right to you, but if this was my sister and she was STILL posting shit like this, she'd be blocked by me in every way and I'd never speak to her again.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2021, 10:16:47 AM
Well, we already don't talk, so ...
Then why still follow her?  Just want to watch out of morbid curiosity? :lol:

Syt

Basically. And for my smug sense of superiority. -_-
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

:lol:

I understand.  There's a guy in Louisville called Holy Smokes, the Barbecue Cowboy who, in better times, I used to buy outstanding brisket and pulled pork from (he has a food truck).  Since the Trump era began he's become an extreme right wing nut and while I'd never buy food from him again, I still follow him since he's by far the most extreme person on my friends list and I figure it's good to hear the other side's "views" from time to time.

Like the other day he was lamenting how Savage Nation just went off the air. :bleeding:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on January 08, 2021, 10:23:22 AM
:lol:

I understand.  There's a guy in Louisville called Holy Smokes, the Barbecue Cowboy who, in better times, I used to buy outstanding brisket and pulled pork from (he has a food truck).  Since the Trump era began he's become an extreme right wing nut and while I'd never buy food from him again, I still follow him since he's by far the most extreme person on my friends list and I figure it's good to hear the other side's "views" from time to time.

Like the other day he was lamenting how Savage Nation just went off the air. :bleeding:
I remember him. Foaming at the mouth about needing to bring the Alien and Sedition Act back. 
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 08, 2021, 02:41:45 PM
I remember him. Foaming at the mouth about needing to bring the Alien and Sedition Act back.
:hmm:

You remember Michael Savage or Holy Smokes, The Barbecue Cowboy?  :hmm: :sleep:

Valmy

Michael Savage was such an up front racist and nut, he kind of woke me up that maybe racism wasn't entirely dead yet and in fact was prospering.

I remember him going off on this black police chief, sure he was an incompetent who only got his position due to affirmative action...without any reason to do so. At the time it was bizarre and upsetting. Now I would just shrug, as being another day on the internet.

But back in the early 2000s it was kind of shocking, at least to suburbanite young white dude me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!