Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2020, 03:51:43 PM
QuoteWe are all being played
Me AT GROCERY STORE:
Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
Me : but isn't everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Cashier: no words. Confused look. 👀
duh.  because they disinfect the plastic in between customers?  which can't easily be done on a regular keypad as they don't play nice with liquid?

Gee, how stupid some people are.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

I think it's a valid question, it just happens to have a valid answer.  I guess the mistake was assuming that if cashier did not know that valid answer, then it didn't exist.  That said, you'd think that cashier should know about sanitizing the plastic.

Darth Wagtaros

She probably did but the whole thing is made up to give the reader a smug sense of moral superiority.  So of course the non-existent cashier is a libtard moron.
PDH!

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on December 10, 2020, 05:06:50 PM
I think it's a valid question, it just happens to have a valid answer.  I guess the mistake was assuming that if cashier did not know that valid answer, then it didn't exist.  That said, you'd think that cashier should know about sanitizing the plastic.

Or the person telling the story was making shit up....

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on December 10, 2020, 05:06:50 PM
either it's invented, or the cashier was just wondering how dumb that person who just saw her sanitizing the keypad was?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

People posting this in 2020 would have stood to the right of this picture with gun in hands in 1943.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I don't get it. There was no investigation of Trump until after he was inaugurated. I mean I am not opposed at all to doing a big investigation into this election, we have so many people who think it was rigged...not that I anticipate it would convince many of them but I can see it being justified as in the public interest to do such an investigation.

And this is the United States. We have shitloads of praying going on all the time. And I don't think we beat the British by staying in church and praying and then God sunk all the Hessians ships in the Atlantic, we did stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

And since history suggests a big Republican win in 2022 I am pretty sure there will eventually be an investigation anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2020, 01:28:16 AMAnd I don't think we beat the British by staying in church and praying

If you did, the British would have burned you alive inside. :(

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Syt

QuoteCopied..........A PHARMACISTS THREAD on TWITTER:
COVID-19 📷
There's something very strange going on with this COVID thing. I've been a pharmacist for 43 years, 30 years as an owner. It's December 12, 2020, well into the "flu season." I have not dispensed any Tamiflu this season whatsoever. Tamiflu generic is the most prescribed medication for the flu, once you're diagnosed. Extremely effective.
I asked my friend Mike, who works as a salesman for a major national wholesaler, how much Tamiflu and generic has he sold to Pharmacies this season. He hasn't sold any. He has 75 accounts of independent pharmacies across the United States.
By now, it's well known that Covid tests give false positives. How many of these false positives are actually "the flu"? How many are just "the common cold"? Why does the CDC report daily case numbers & deaths for Covid and not for the flu?
CDC says Covid is more deadly than the flu. Well, if you're potentially taking a large number of flu cases and bundling them into the Covid numbers, then yes, the perception is that it is more deadly.
I believe we are being played. YES, COVID is REAL, it CAN BE DEADLY. We now have drug regimens to treat Covid effectively, one being Dr. Zev Zelenko's regimen, among others. I believe the Covid numbers are being skewed upward, on purpose to continue instilling fear and panic into people, for governments to continue with lockdowns, for more small businesses to be put out, for more people to commit suicide, or others; for more and more social upheaval. Why? Total population control through fear.
If we are so obedient to wear masks, stand here, don't stand there, obedient to get a new vaccine, obedient to carry proof you've gotten the vaccine: otherwise you won't be able to fly; then it will be buses, trains, taxis, Ubers, Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores..everything. Just like that.
You're slowly giving up your freedoms to a virus that has a 99.4% survival rate, according to the CDC. And the vaccine? Like I've told my customers all these years; don't be the first on your block to try anything new. They really don't know what they'll find out in 6 months, a year, 5 years & longer, that can be attributed to the vaccine.  It's way past time for people to take their heads out of their a** and start thinking for themselves. Done.
Harvey Staub
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

This one from alleged Dr. Pharmacist here is really odd, as he or she answers their own conspiracy charge in the opening of their rant.

Why aren't they selling more Tamiflu? It isn't necessarily because flu cases are being diagnosed as Covid, let alone a conspiracy to do so - perhaps it is because, during a pandemic, more people are doing stuff like washing hands, wearing masks, and socially distancing - measures that are even more effective at reducing influenza rates?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03519-3

But that would involve knowing something about the science. Clearly, in such situations, speculation based on anecdote is preferable, otherwise you may miss a wide-ranging conspiracy to take away your rights!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

QuoteDear Mr. Biden, #notmypresident
Although I refused to listen to it, I understand that during your presidential acceptance speech, you were calling for the unity of Trump supporters.   
I remember four years ago my President Trump also called for unity.  I remember how Congressional members of your Democratic Party responded by boycotting his inauguration.   
I remember how you and your Democratic party cheated and used the greatest law enforcement institution of this country to spy on my President Trumps campaign.   
I remember how you and your Democratic Party created a fake Russian dossier to try and impeach my President Trump.   
I remember how your speaker of the house ripped up my President Trumps beautiful State of the Union speach on National TV.   
I remember how you and your Democratic Party tried to impeach my President Trump over a Ukraine phone call.   
You accused my President Trump of pay to play.  Come to find out Joe, it was really you and your son Hunter.   
I remember how you and your Democratic Party blamed my President Trump over a pandemic that he had nothing to do with.   
I remember how you and your Democratic Party encouraged rioting and looting of my great United States of America.
I remember how you and your Democratic Party used the media to spread lie after lie about my President Trump.   
I remember how you and your Democratic Party stole the election from my President Trump.   
This Trump supporter remembers all that Joe and will NOT be unifying with your Democratic Party.   
This Trump supporter will be giving you the same respect you gave my President Trump.
(copied from another Deplorable, like myself) Can I get a big AMEN from all the other Deplorables who feel the same as I do ???
—Stephen Jay Gould