Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

If they don't like what the country is doing then maybe change the president? Idk, I'm a Swede.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

The article:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/andrew-cuomo-has-gone-loco-on-crime-and-vaccines/?fbclid=IwAR3z_KVH8P6EX1nDztPB4wu7Jg5mWPoOg5Szt-EIIsz6D5iJubGB380rryA

QuoteGov. Andrew Cuomo was really losing it last week.

Strike one: his absurd vow that New York will do its own testing on any COVID-19 vaccine the feds approve.

Strike two: his bizarre threat to cut off funding for the city if he doesn't like its NYPD reform plans — even as he also hits Mayor Bill de Blasio for not doing enough to stop spiking gun violence.

Strike three: his unhinged charge that the homicide of Breonna Taylor was "murder."

Even sane-seeming moves look weird on closer examination: The gov named a committee of 20 to advise him on distributing any vaccine — but it's stacked with his donors and labor cronies.

And it's just nuts to say he's assembling a panel of experts tasked with "double-checking" any Trump administration-approved vaccine for efficacy and safety. Sorry: The work on vaccines is all being done by professionals — some of whom would be sure to scream if politicians (insanely) tried to push a bad vaccine.

More, that double-check would cost money the state doesn't have — and, presumably, delay vaccine distribution, too.

Worst, Cuomo fed anti-vax hysteria just so he could dump on the president and so score a point or two with Trump-haters.

He stooped to giving de Blasio another public wedgie at the same press conference, railing about the city's worsening crime even as he reprimanded city leaders for failing to submit a police reform plan.

Hello: "Reforms" at the state and city level are driving the rise in violent crime — does he really demand more, when the NYPD is a national model of restraint?

But the lowest low was Cuomo's decision to wade into the Breonna Taylor story with a slide saying her death was a "murder and where there's a murder there are murderers."

Murder? Heck, NBA analyst Shaquille O'Neal made the key point: "When you talk about murder, you have to show intent." And no one rational thinks those Louisville cops intended to kill anyone the night they executed that search warrant.

You can argue they were in the wrong in how they proceeded — and you can certainly say (we do) that this shows reason to ban no-knock drug raids. But Cuomo's chosen language is inexcusable for the governor of a state where cops are under siege.

The gov needs to take a week off from talking to the press (let his aides release the virus updates) and focus on figuring out how to plug the state's $14.5 billion budget deficit. It may be boring, but at least then he'll be putting out fires — not setting them.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

My brother in law shared a YouTube video "proving" that Biden wore an earpiece during the debate. Apparently there was a shirt crease that, if you squint, kinda looks like a cable.

The post was flagged as fake news with three links to fact checkers (Politifact, reuters, AP). My brother in law disagrees: "It's not a crease. They think we are stupid and blind." My sister added, "Fact checkers from fb say it is fake......no surprise" because Facebook is apparently known for its left wing bias.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

QuoteThey think we are stupid and blind

Well if you continually provide evidence this is the case I can see why they would think so :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2020, 01:28:04 PM
QuoteThey think we are stupid and blind

Well if you continually provide evidence this is the case I can see why they would think so :hmm:
They are right in some cases.  It must suck to live in a world full of these massive shadow organizations that rule every aspect of life.
PDH!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on October 02, 2020, 12:31:53 PM
My brother in law shared a YouTube video "proving" that Biden wore an earpiece during the debate. Apparently there was a shirt crease that, if you squint, kinda looks like a cable.

The post was flagged as fake news with three links to fact checkers (Politifact, reuters, AP). My brother in law disagrees: "It's not a crease. They think we are stupid and blind." My sister added, "Fact checkers from fb say it is fake......no surprise" because Facebook is apparently known for its left wing bias.

Does it mean they think Trump did not win the debate?  :P

Valmy

Can you imagine being so paranoid you think that Biden is secretly wearing an earpiece but so stupid that you think that somebody in 2020 would wear a secret earpiece that needed a cable?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2020, 01:39:14 PM
Can you imagine being so paranoid you think that Biden is secretly wearing an earpiece but so stupid that you think that somebody in 2020 would wear a secret earpiece that needed a cable?

:lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Minsky Moment

Let me say this: if we have another debate and Trump wants to wear an earpiece, I welcome it.  Hell I encourage it.  It would great progress for him to listen to what someone else had to say and it might prevent the repeat of the horror show of what happens when he speaks unscripted and unfiltered.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

I highly doubt that there will be another debate for this election. My best guess is that he's really sick.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2020, 03:00:08 PM
he's really sick.

That's true.

Not only that, he may also have a bad case of COVID-19.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

At least now everyone, including the lamestream media can find something positive about him.
—Stephen Jay Gould