Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 23, 2020, 12:06:07 PM
Didn't Sharpton use to be a fat guy?
I googled it, and apparently it's not cancer, it's actually a very dramatic weight loss program that didn't involve surgery.  That's quite impressive if true.

Syt

Top Comments on this image (not from my family):

QuoteHe should love having a white family, his black family didn't care about him! Who does he think he is, had everything given to him on a silver platter, and the world owes him more, I don't think so! PERIOD! He should be giving back to white people that need help, and quit acting like some body owes him something! PERIOD!

QuoteMaybe an investigation is warranted!!! What the heck happened to make him so filled with hate, anger, disrespect and arrogance!?!?!?! My apologies if they contributed nothing to what he's become!!! Maybe he was just born mad :mad: :mad:

QuoteYou see what money does to a person,no matter who raised him , he just took the wrong path these are the people we all need to pray for

QuotePerson 1: What was the turning point for him to start spewing such hatred

Person 2: girl friend who is a Muslim

QuoteAnd this is how he repay them by Trashing the United States Our country is not perfect but it's better then all the other's

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I know it's pointless to discuss with this kind of people, but...

QuoteKaepernick was born in 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Heidi Russo, who is white. His birth father, who is African-American, separated from Russo before Kaepernick was born. Russo placed Kaepernick for adoption with a white couple named Rick and Teresa Kaepernick.

Josquius

Yeah, felt like checking it for myself (also to remind me who the guy is). Didn't know he was mixed race. #Merca #Onedroprule
In doing so also came across this that I found quite interesting and inspiring.
https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-54238642
Awesome guy there.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

"pedifile" - document about feet? :unsure:

Also .... people who vote actually believe this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

It just shows how disconnected from reality conspiracy theories can make you that somebody believes pedophilia is an important factor in this election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Syt

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Technically, I guess, my oldest sister is still in that club. Though I'm not sure how that squares with her constant posts about her coffee/caffeine addiction and love for alcohol. :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I know religion is all about faith but it does seem odd to believe in a religion with documented evidence proving it is false. Mormonism is kind of a wonder that way. Guys like Mohammed and Jesus are at least shadowy figures with only second hand stories about them, not mountains of primary sources all showing they were frauds.

QuoteOh yeah, I forgot about that. Technically, I guess, my oldest sister is still in that club. Though I'm not sure how that squares with her constant posts about her coffee/caffeine addiction and love for alcohol.

So I passed by a bank today and saw that one of the managing bankers in the establishmen was pictured wearing a head scarf in an Islamic manner. I didn't think much of it at first but as I was walking to my car suddenly I realized how odd it was that somebody could care enough about Islam to wear a head scarf but still make her career in haram western banking. But hey maybe she just likes wearing head scarfs or belongs to some small sect of Islam that has no problem with making money from interest or just doesn't care. People often have a complicated relationship with their religion (or culture I guess) that often varies from the official version.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

I think it's pretty obvious by now that most people will have beliefs that they are not interested in ever critically examining or checking for consistency.  It may be religion, it may be Fox News, it may be Facebook, it may be QAnon.  Whether that's purely a flaw of human nature that's exceedingly difficult to remove, or a necessary part of human living (perhaps to make up for some other flaws), remains to be seen.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2020, 02:09:57 AM
I know religion is all about faith but it does seem odd to believe in a religion with documented evidence proving it is false. Mormonism is kind of a wonder that way. Guys like Mohammed and Jesus are at least shadowy figures with only second hand stories about them, not mountains of primary sources all showing they were frauds.

My favorite is the John Frum cargo cult - that worshiped an apocryphal White dude who would show up from heaven and distribute "cargo" from heavenly airplanes to the good people of Vanuatu. Cult activities involved building fake landing strips in the jungle to entice heavenly airplanes to land, dressing up like WW2 GIs to encourage delivery of "cargo" from heaven, etc.

You would think this was a relic of early contact with outsiders and would die out when the locals became more familiar with the outside world.

Not a bit of it. It is still going strong. This, despite the fact cult members are in sone cases airline pilots themselves! In anthropology class, we watched a film of cult members being interviewed on this exact point. The interviewer was all "it's been a long time since WW2 ended and a lot has changed. You all know about airplanes and cars and things like that. Why do you think John Frum will come back to distribute cargo?" The answer: "you Christians have been waiting 2000 years for Jesus to come back from the dead - we will wait at least twice that long for John Frum!".

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Really? Did you not notice all the shit we went through and the money we spent fighting our "war on drugs"?