Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on September 02, 2020, 04:53:46 PM
I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think it's a testament as to how sensationalism-driven the media is by its nature, and how it can lead to biased perceptions.  When things go bad, the news stories don't hesitate to wind up people's anxieties.  When things go better, yawn.
the internet as reinforced that.  You don't even need an editor to decide if a news is worthy of space or not, people clicking on the links will make the story stay up or disapear forever in the darkness...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Remember where you were in the Great Facebook War of 2020. I like the framing of "Anti-Trump" vs. "Patriots"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

True. That's an odd one. I thought the racists were the biggest proponents of the one drop rule?

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2020, 12:37:37 AM

Remember where you were in the Great Facebook War of 2020. I like the framing of "Anti-Trump" vs. "Patriots"

The brexiters did the same nonsense.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 04, 2020, 02:23:10 AM
Kamala Harris isn't black now?  :huh:
havent you been paying attention. Her dad is from islands so he isn't African-American. :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2020, 12:37:37 AM
I like the framing of "Anti-Trump" vs. "Patriots"

The Patriots are notorious cheaters . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Nice of them to put so many extra labels on to make it as easy as possible to understand their point.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Well if they didn't label that leg as Soros I would never have guess jews were behind it all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Curse the media for not giving nationwide coverage to EVERY homicide in the US that involves members of different races!
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I am just going to go out on a limb and suggest that media did cover that incident. It just wasn't national news.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2020, 12:54:36 AM
I am just going to go out on a limb and suggest that media did cover that incident. It just wasn't national news.

Here's the full article for a real treat:

https://theredelephants.com/yet-another-brutal-interracial-murder-of-white-teen-ignored-by-the-national-media/?fbclid=IwAR3ntz-dp06UQIEUgE9oENU3uy3PeE7gM3Z7xkrLIXDu-oRaW6YehFeEfE8

QuoteYet Another Brutal Murder of White Teen Ignored by the National Media Because the Perpetrators Were Black

Adding on to the hundreds of thousands of black-on-white attacks that occur each year, the tragic story of Veronica Lee Baker, who was recently murdered by black teens and left in her car to die, is one of the latest ignored by national media outlets. As with the story of 5 year-old Cannon Hinnant, white Americans are quickly beginning to understand how the media operates – that if these stories were in the reverse, every national outlet would be running these stories non-stop, and mass destruction of major cities would surely follow.

Four teens, including a juvenile, have been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of a 17-year-old girl who was found dead in a car outside a Raleigh Bojangle's last weekend.

Police said Tuesday night that three teens, Keyshara Michelle Deans, 19, Nezyiha Zamir Collins, 19, and Tyreek Qumay Rodgers, 18, were all arrested and charged with accessory after the fact to murder.

"She didn't deserve to get shot and killed and left in a parking lot," Jim Baker, Veronica's father, told local station WRAL.

Hundreds of thousands of other stories just like Cannon Hinnant's and Veronica Lee Baker's are brushed under the rug daily by the National media.  Interracial murders typically are perpetrated by Black Americans, despite them making up only a sliver of the American population, but if you are getting your news from national media outlets, you likely are currently under the assumptions that the reverse is true.

Authorities were still looking for 17-year-old Devin Cordell Jones. A juvenile petition and secure custody order for the murder of Veronica Lee Baker were being sought for Jones. On Wednesday morning, the teen was taken into custody and charged with Baker's murder.

Deans, Collins, and Rodgers were all taken to the Wake County Detention Center. Collins and Rodgers are being held on $500,000 secured bonds each. According to warrants, Collins and Rodgers left North Carolina with Jones in an attempt to evade capture.

Deans is being held on a $1,015,000 secured bond for multiple charges, some of which date back to June and don't appear to be related to Baker's murder, according to arrest records. Deans' arrest warrant says that she drove Jones from the scene of the murder in order for him to evade capture.

During the three older suspects' first appearances in court via video, the judge granted a prosecutor's request for no-contact orders between all of the defendants.

An August 4 arrest warrant accuses Deans of conspiring with Jones and another juvenile to commit financial card fraud.

Deans asked the judge to reduce her bail so she could go home and be with her son. The prosecution argued it was too early to request a reduction, and the judge left the bail amount unchanged.

Baker was set to start online sociology classes at Wake Technical Community College, said her father, Jim Baker, in an interview with The N&O. She graduated from Garner Magnet High School in the spring. She loved to camp and was hoping to go into social work, Jim Baker said.

Baker and Veronica's mother, Laura, went to bed at around 9:30 p.m. Saturday, he said. Soon after that, the doorbell rang and the dogs started barking.

Baker opened the door, and a man in a suit who identified himself as a Raleigh homicide detective asked if Laura Baker was home.

He said a body had been found in a car registered to Laura Baker.

"Please not Veronica," Baker recalled his wife saying.

The Nationalist Review reports, "NBC and ABC, despite both having regional affiliates covering this story, have not issued a report on their national websites. Do you see the pattern developing? A similar chain of events followed the execution of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant, whose story was only covered by CNN after the hashtag "Say His Name" trended nationwide for a full day. Hinnant's murder also took place in North Carolina."

Black on White Murders and Attacks are Common, but the Reverse Basically Never Happens

Just a few months ago, basketball star Lebron James tweeted that "we are literally being hunted, we can't even go for a jog," in regards to black people being 'hunted' by white people in America.  As most of us know this is far from the truth, and the reverse of this tweet is a better argument.

Data shows white Americans are far more often victims of interracial crime than black Americans. In 2018, The Bureau of Justice Statistics released their survey of criminal victimization, breaking down 593,598 interracial violence between blacks and whites. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent.

Furthermore, despite making up only 13.4% of the American population, black Americans commit more than double the amount of interracial homicides on white Americans, who make up 60.4% of the American population.

The national media also often fails to mention that black Americans are vastly overrepresented among perpetrators of hate crimes—by 50 percent—according to recent Justice Department data from 2017; whites are underrepresented by 24 percent. It also doesn't appear to matter which year we look at in regards to hate crimes, as the below results are fairly consistent.

Additionally, black Americans commit hate crimes at a rate that is three times higher than whites per 100,000 according to FBI crime data from 2016 and 2017. All of this data available, and yet the numerous congressional hearings on "White Nationalism" may have made you believe otherwise.

Black Americans are also more than twice as likely to be in a hate group than white Americans, according to the SPLC's own data.

Another example would be Emmanuel Aranda, who was arrested after he threw a five-year-old white child over a balcony in at the mall of America in Minnesota.  This story only received around 2% of national coverage that the Nia Wilson murder received, and if you Google search the name 'Emmanuel Aranda,' effectively only local news reports will be returned.

If anyone race in America can claim that they are being 'hunted,' it's white Americans based on the data.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould