News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

There's no need for any lock down measures as long as your deaths per capita are under the threshold. Once you exceed that threshold, that's when lockdown is appropriate.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 01, 2020, 09:36:15 AM
There's no need for any lock down measures as long as your deaths per capita are under the threshold. Once you exceed that threshold, that's when lockdown is appropriate.

The UK tried that initially, a sort of just-in-time delivery system for overload-avoidance. Didn't work.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tamas on September 01, 2020, 09:39:59 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 01, 2020, 09:36:15 AM

The UK tried that initially, a sort of just-in-time delivery system for overload-avoidance. Didn't work.

Their deaths per capita are lower than Georgia, so they're doing a great job and should lift all restrictions.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on August 31, 2020, 03:13:00 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 31, 2020, 04:54:54 AM
QuoteJust seen this last Saturday by myself

[img]https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/118468086_308503427239267_8289086445386011938_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Tu2ELfWEGc8AX_uC7Ul&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=e626e919f3c57193428a7413fe7b5285&oe=5F741820g]

He also claimed two million people were there...

What's this about?

Anti-mask demonstrations, in Berlin for instance. The mainstream media allegedly focus on the extreme right.
It's true they could speak a bit more about the extreme left loonies there, though that's not what he meant.  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 01, 2020, 09:48:11 AM

Their deaths per capita are lower than Georgia, so they're doing a great job and should lift all restrictions.

Factually, however, their deaths per capita are higher than Georgia. Harassing the bird watchers doesn't seem to have saved the UK.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on September 01, 2020, 10:57:52 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 01, 2020, 09:48:11 AM

Factually, however, their deaths per capita are higher than Georgia. Harassing the bird watchers doesn't seem to have saved the UK.  :(

You're right. Further restrictions are meaningless, so they should all be lifted.

Eddie Teach

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant taste of death just once." - Billy Shakespeare, using deaths per capita figures to argue to lift the lockdown.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 01, 2020, 11:15:05 AM
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant taste of death just once." - Billy Shakespeare, using deaths per capita figures to argue to lift the lockdown.
:bleeding: I can tell Shakespeare wasn't a life actuary.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on August 31, 2020, 05:12:53 PM
...but I really can't emphasize how bitter I am that I was under a stay at home order in the spring.

Don't sell yourself short.  You have been telling us how bitter you are about good public policy since the beginning of the pandemic.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 01, 2020, 11:20:28 AM
...but I really can't emphasize how bitter I am that I was under a stay at home order in the spring.

Don't sell yourself short.  You have been telling us how bitter you are about good public policy since the beginning of the pandemic.

You think the US state of Georgia has had good public policy?

Fascinating.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on September 01, 2020, 11:21:23 AM

Fascinating.

Not sure how you inferred that from my post.  But that the fact you did is equally fascinating.

HisMajestyBOB

Fascinating.

Their deaths per capita have remained consistently at the threshold deaths per capita, so they must be doing something right.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 01, 2020, 11:22:22 AM

Fascinating.

Not sure how you inferred that from my post.  But that the fact you did is equally fascinating.

You said I've been bitter about good public policy. I've only lived in Georgia during this pandemic. I'm certainly not bitter about what is happening elsewhere. The only logical conclusion is that you think Georgia had good public policy, at least in part.

alfred russel

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 01, 2020, 11:23:47 AM
Their deaths per capita have remained consistently at the threshold deaths per capita, so they must be doing something right.

What are acceptable losses?

To date, there is not a nation on earth that has a per capita death rate of even 0.1% of the population. If you want to shut down schools for a year, a previous study indicated that a year of education results in a 6 month change in a child's life expectancy. For kids that don't go to school, that 6 months is 0.6% of a life with a 80 year life expectancy. If this ruined two months of my life, you may say who cares, but that is 0.4% of my remaining life (assuming a remaining life expectancy of 40 years).

Michigan won't play football this fall. I don't know when the last time it took a fall off, but it certainly played during 1918 with World War I and the Spanish Flu - a far worse pandemic that actually had college age students in the at risk group for the disease.