News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

What about the adults sold for those things?  Why does no one care about them!?  :mad:

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2020, 12:13:49 PM
:rolleyes: Where do all these harvested organs go?  Over here, a kidney on the black market still costs you an arm and a leg.

I expect you're looking at adult kidneys. Kids kidneys are much, much cheaper because the market is over-saturated.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on August 27, 2020, 12:32:10 PM
That actually corresponds to reputable international statistics on trafficking of children, so it does not fit this thread I guess. We all should be mad about that.

True, but it's mostly deflection. When the public discourse was about refugees, it was, "We need to take care of our poor at home first!"
Now that the main discourse is about issues it home, it's "We must fight global human traficking."

Though to be fair my sisters probably think that the numbers apply to the US unless stated otherwise.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Surely they don't think a kid gets kidnapped by traffickers in the United States every 30 seconds. That would be over 1 million children a year. We only have 3 million children born a year here. That's crazy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Something like 90% of missing children are runaways, mostly older.  They are often multiple repeat runaways and they are counted as missing multiple times until they fall foul of the Hollywood elites and are harvested to make Adrenochome.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2020, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: Zanza on August 27, 2020, 12:32:10 PM
That actually corresponds to reputable international statistics on trafficking of children, so it does not fit this thread I guess. We all should be mad about that.

True, but it's mostly deflection. When the public discourse was about refugees, it was, "We need to take care of our poor at home first!"
Now that the main discourse is about issues it home, it's "We must fight global human traficking."

Though to be fair my sisters probably think that the numbers apply to the US unless stated otherwise.

You can throw them for a loop and say we can't fight global trafficking until every veteran has a home.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

If you're homeless, just buy a house.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

That one looks familiar.  Might be a dupe.

Tamas

Yeah I am sure we have seen white trash alcoholic lady's words of wisdom before.

garbon

Yesterday on twitter, I saw people posting about this awful man that was keeping lions imprisoned and that one of the lions killed him. All the comments were about how he got what he deserved. Apparently in reference to headline by the Independent:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/lions-west-mathewson-lion-tree-top-lodge-hoedspruit-south-africa-a9691386.html
QuoteMan who kept two lionesses captive at safari lodge mauled to death while taking them on morning walk

Then today, I've seen this Guardian article (which shares similar headline to BBC take).

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/28/south-african-conservationist-killed-by-lions-he-reared
QuoteSouth African conservationist killed by lions he reared

A South African conservationist has been killed by lions he hand-reared. West Mathewson, 69, was walking two white lionesses on Wednesday when one of the animals attacked and killed him without warning, his family said on Thursday.

The incident took place on the premises of the family-owned Lion Tree Top Lodge, in South Africa's northern Limpopo province.

Known as "Uncle West", Mathewson had raised the lions since they were cubs and was used to interacting with them.

Mathewson's wife Gill, 65, was driving behind her husband when the lion attacked. "She tried her best to rescue her husband, but was unable to do so," family attorney Marina Botha said in a statement.

In 2017, the two white lions reportedly escaped from the lodge and killed a man working at a neighbouring property, Ngama Lodge. Mathewson said at the time that the lions were not aggressive and that he walks with them three to four hours a day.

The lions have be temporarily moved to a facility while a decision on their future is made. The family assured they would be "released into the best environment available to them".

Mathewson is believed to have rescued the lions from "canned hunting" – when animals are hunted in an enclosed area, or are bred for hunting.

Mathewson and his wife had four sons and six grandchildren.

"The family is heartbroken by the loss of their husband, father and grandfather," the statement from Botha said. "They find comfort and peace with the fact that he died while living his dream, being in nature and with his lions."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

So the second time they attacked a human? They should be put down instead of released.

The Brain

Why did he get to keep them after 2017?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.