News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Qanon is coming back in fashion then?
Wasn't that specifically manufactured about Clinton? Fingers crossed it helps distract the idiots from making up new nonsense about biden.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2020, 11:27:34 AM
:unsure:

Yeah, that's enough for another week or two.

I wonder how long it will be before right wing nuts are just boycotting everybody. "Walmart just said Joe Biden ain't so bad!"

The sex trafficking thing just shows how out of touch I am with what goes on in their bubble. I have no clue why sex trafficking is a big deal right now, at least why it is a bigger deal than normal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tyr on August 11, 2020, 03:39:56 PM
Wasn't that specifically manufactured about Clinton? Fingers crossed it helps distract the idiots from making up new nonsense about biden.

There are even multiple GOP Congressional candidates who believe in QAnon stuff, including some who are guaranteed to be elected!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

The "Q" thing didn't get started until 2017, and hasn't slowed since.  It's closely related to the "deep state" conspiracy theory, which (in the US) also surfaced in 2017.  The deep state conspiracy theory is explicitly endorsed by the Trump administration.

Qanon didn't start the whole Pizzagate thing, but has maintained that the child sex-trafficking conspiracy is real.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

It hasn't gone away.  You're thinking of "Pizzagate".  Same song, different cover.

Frankly, it's fucking scary.  It's no longer exclusive to the US.  Two Qanon fucks went after Trudeu, and it's making inroads in Europe.  I read an article last week about Qanon groups in Finland.  There are some real parallels to the blood libel and that lie killed a whole bunch of people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

There's also German Qanon nutters, including a singer/celebrity who in recent years became weirder and weirder, starting with nationalist nonsense, via Reichsbürger beliefs (the current Germany is not a real country but a company created by the Allies and the German Reich never ceased to exist) to believing the elites of the world harvest adrenochrome from tortured children's blood in underground labs to stay young.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The fact they are not staying young, and continuing to get old, doesn't poke any holes in this theory? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2020, 12:05:35 AM
The fact they are not staying young, and continuing to get old, doesn't poke any holes in this theory? :hmm:

Or enhance their lifespan (the Queen being a prime example)? I forget. Apologies if I'm not up to date on my crazy conspiracy theories. :P

USA Today has a bit of a TL;DR:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/22/what-is-qanon-conspiracy-theory/5486724002/

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

QuoteThe month of the explosions ... all coincidental of course ;)

More apophenia, I'm sure all of you needed it!

Leffe, Belgium is safe.  :P

PS : this seems like an "improved" version of a meme debunked partially by USA Today
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/06/fact-check-meme-showing-6-global-blasts-day-not-entirely-true/3307611001/

Syt

Came across this one in the wild. Base sentiment is reasonable, but the solution seems a bit off. Because I doubt ex-politicians, connected to the Washington scene, would have trouble finding work in corporations as lobbyists, or as a "thank you" after providing tax breaks, friendly legislation etc.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Yeah I don't like the whole bitter "cut their salary" cries. As if that's how they make their money in the first place. If anything, increase their salary and scrutiny into their spending so there's an incentive not to sell their influence for pennies.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2020, 10:51:07 PM
There's also German Qanon nutters, including a singer/celebrity who in recent years became weirder and weirder, starting with nationalist nonsense, via Reichsbürger beliefs (the current Germany is not a real country but a company created by the Allies and the German Reich never ceased to exist) to believing the elites of the world harvest adrenochrome from tortured children's blood in underground labs to stay young.

I never heard of the Reichburger thing, I suppose that's just in Germany.  It sounds like it has the same thrust as American Sovereign citizen movements.  The adrenochrome thing I've heard off and it really resembles the old blood libel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2020, 12:05:35 AM

Maybe not so easily enough obtained young blood, as in this 1973 movie, Traitement de choc:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070827

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 08:01:54 AM

Came across this one in the wild. Base sentiment is reasonable, but the solution seems a bit off. Because I doubt ex-politicians, connected to the Washington scene, would have trouble finding work in corporations as lobbyists, or as a "thank you" after providing tax breaks, friendly legislation etc.

If anything that plan would make them more corrupt, not less. I am fir term limits but 2 years/terms is a terrible idea. 12 years should be it.

DGuller

I think term limits are a band-aid solution that can be worse than the disease.  I for one don't see a problem with having career politicians.  Politics is a profession, and competence in that profession matters.  Should we have term limits for doctors or lawyers?

If you're concerned about power that concentrates increasingly with tenure, then you have other structural problems.  You're better off solving those problems rather than limiting the competency of the people within that system.