Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Eddie Teach

What is he trying to reach with the stick?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

It just goes to show that I'm not living in the same mental universe as whoever made these - I don't even know why they are *supposed* to be funny.

Guys in a cell and reaches for a mask rather than the key. Is the message that he's a deluded soul who prefers safety over his freedom? Seems a dumb dichotomy even in the context of the cartoon - he could use the same stick to get both, right?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Gups

Quote from: Malthus on August 06, 2020, 10:09:39 AM
It just goes to show that I'm not living in the same mental universe as whoever made these - I don't even know why they are *supposed* to be funny.

Guys in a cell and reaches for a mask rather than the key. Is the message that he's a deluded soul who prefers safety over his freedom? Seems a dumb dichotomy even in the context of the cartoon - he could use the same stick to get both, right?

Or get the key and pick up the mask after he's unlocked the door.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on August 06, 2020, 10:09:39 AM

He is going for the mask first because he wants to make sure he is less of a risk to others after he gets the key and makes his escape.  Caring soul that one.

edit: not sure how we clean the tank without vaccinations.

Syt

Let's check in what my sisters are up to ...

:unsure:

Yeah, that's enough for another week or two.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I thought that in their universe sex trafficking was a Democrat thing?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

It's definitely a University of Alabama thing.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Syt beat me to it, but the ™Brown Eye™ could not pass upon such a straw man.

Tamas

So why human trafficking? Surely gang warfare/drugs/non-whites owning property would be a more fitting whataboutism?

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on August 11, 2020, 01:36:51 PM
So why human trafficking? Surely gang warfare/drugs/non-whites owning property would be a more fitting whataboutism?

That's what you'd think, but Republitards didn't shoot up a DC pizza parlor because they thought it was a mere drug den.  I guess the phrase "human trafficking" makes them think "sex trafficking" and the word "sex" drives them even more insane.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

I'd agree with Grumbler based on what the poster writes, not to mention QAnon, the follow-up or rather recycling of the Pizzagate.