And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 29, 2020, 02:54:48 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 29, 2020, 02:47:54 PM
My middle sister complained in the past that "blacks behave like we still owe them something" and she wasn't a fan of Hispanics when living in El Paso. I remember visiting in 2002 and her storming out of a Target in NC shouting "Fucking n***ers, treating white people like trash!" because a black customer service guy didn't see us waiting and served a black customer first. But of course there's "good" blacks, too, usually other military members they met during various stations.

:wacko:

Your middle sister is so far beyond the pale she cannot even see the pale.

No, I don't think she is.  That's the depressing part.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2020, 03:00:58 PM
My middle sister complained in the past that "blacks behave like we still owe them something" and she wasn't a fan of Hispanics when living in El Paso. I remember visiting in 2002 and her storming out of a Target in NC shouting "Fucking n***ers, treating white people like trash!" because a black customer service guy didn't see us waiting and served a black customer first. But of course there's "good" blacks, too, usually other military members they met during various stations.

No, I don't think she is.  That's the depressing part.

This.
Que le grand cric me croque !

crazy canuck

If that were so, there would be no concern that Trump might win a second term.

Caliga

It's weird how an intelligent German guy like Syt ended up with trailer trash American sisters. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Perhaps they are victims of American imperialism.  :(

crazy canuck

Their American husbands likely have had some role to play.

The Minsky Moment

They've always been pro-Republican, because in their view Republicans = pro-military = good for military families & their paychecks/benefits.

That's odd, GOP is historically strong on payments to defense contractors, but the Dems have a good record on military pay and benefits. It's usually the Democrats pushing for strengthening the VA for example.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tonitrus

That is because the VA is a potential microcosm of socialized medicine.  :P

And I would say both sides are pretty much equal on pay/benefits.

DGuller

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 30, 2020, 11:52:37 AM
Perhaps they are victims of American imperialism.  :(
Could also be upbringing.  IIRC, Syt implied he grew up in an authoritarian household.  That tends to make you either authoritarian yourself in adulthood, or it makes you anti-authoritarian.

Valmy

They do have this weird thing about how beating the shit out of your kids makes them better people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Spanking and beating the shit out of someone aren't the same thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 30, 2020, 09:53:53 PM
Spanking and beating the shit out of someone aren't the same thing.

Spanking is something you do with your hands.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

My parents used a belt. Still not even close to a beating.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 30, 2020, 10:58:30 PM
My parents used a belt. Still not even close to a beating.

Parents did all kinds of terrible things with the best of intentions decades ago.  Not a very good reason for continuing to do terrible things.

Eddie Teach

It wasn't a big deal. At least the punishment was over quickly.