Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

QuoteI wonder what it's like to live in a world of constant moral panic.

I suggest The Guardian.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2020, 11:55:05 AM
QuoteI wonder what it's like to live in a world of constant moral panic.

I suggest The Guardian.

Oh yeah, it's full blown hysteria.

:mellow:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

I guess you need to read it regularly to get the joke. :P

They are my preferred news source, but their editorials often lay the progressiveness and anti-governmentness very thickly.

Syt

The pictured buses belong to the Toronto Raptors NBA team:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Why is BLM buying buses for the Toronto Raptors??  :mad:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2020, 12:19:50 PM
I guess you need to read it regularly to get the joke. :P

They are my preferred news source, but their editorials often lay the progressiveness and anti-governmentness very thickly.

Boris Johnson is PM.  How could one not.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2020, 10:35:20 AM
Wait, I thought Cancel Culture was bad.

It is kind of hard to think of what part of culture hasn't been cancelled by the radical right. They hate hollywood, they hate disney, they hate all sports leagues, and probably everybody else as well. I guess political propaganda is all they have left.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

I would content that cancel culture wouldn't include "that is bad, so I won't support it".

CC seems to be more "that is bad, and all evidence of it needs to be purged from my vision".

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 25, 2020, 01:54:46 PM
I would content that cancel culture wouldn't include "that is bad, so I won't support it".

CC seems to be more "that is bad, and all evidence of it needs to be purged from my vision".

Oh well who knows? SJW was supposed to mean insane culty types who purge with fire anybody who even says something off color...now it just means you are ok with trans people it seems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 25, 2020, 01:54:46 PM

Cancel culture is, from what I have about it, not so much "all evidence of it needs to be purged from my vision" as it is "make him/her/them pay for what they've done."  The boycotts of Goya from the left and NFL from the right are identical in that neither boycott thinks that they can put "purge from their vision" the objects of their disdain, but they think they can punish these organizations for taking stances the canceler does not like.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

You'd think an Austrian would be capable of grasping that free doesn't mean free.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on July 26, 2020, 02:25:52 AM
You'd think an Austrian would be capable of grasping that free doesn't mean free.

:unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Deserving has got nothing to do with it.