Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

btw, wtf are we x-raying babies with.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 21, 2020, 08:09:11 AM
btw, wtf are we x-raying babies with.

Apparently this device is called a "Pigg O Stat", used to immobilize babies for X-rays to reduce radiation exposure. The pics have gone viral.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.fatherly.com/news/babies-x-rays-viral-hilarious-twitter-thread/amp/

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2020, 08:05:31 AM
Okay, this one has gotta be fake.  :lol:

At this point, nothing is too unbelievable.

QuoteRespondents reported engaging in a range of practices during the previous month with the intent of preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission (Figure 2) / / /Thirty-nine percent reported intentionally engaging in at least one high-risk practice not recommended by CDC for prevention of SARS-CoV-2 transmission (2), including application of bleach to food items (e.g., fruits and vegetables) (19%); use of household cleaning and disinfectant products on hands or skin (18%); misting the body with a cleaning or disinfectant spray (10%); inhalation of vapors from household cleaners or disinfectants (6%); and drinking or gargling diluted bleach solutions, soapy water, and other cleaning and disinfectant solutions (4% each).
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Why does Donald Trump have two right feet and why does he wear filthy sandals?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Getting into Trump's shoes is the easy part.  Squeezing into Trump's gloves is more tricky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

My favorites are when they share an article "ANOTHER COP KILLED!!!" .... then you google the officer's name and realize it was in January 2019, or October 2016, or ....

The comment above, with my sister commenting to her husband that they should think about moving to OK, because one DA there charges BLM under "terrorism" is not a joke.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

People beat their kids with a TV remote?  :huh:

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2020, 12:30:12 AM
People beat their kids with a TV remote?  :huh:

Not in my home. We were a wooden spoon family. My mom once broke one on my butt when I was a toddler.
—Stephen Jay Gould