News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on July 09, 2020, 07:19:49 AM
Mother Teresa's reputation isn't exactly stellar nowadays anyway.

Maybe, but nowhere near what that FB post pic job says.
In fact, donations from Maxwell to her charity works caused quite a stir back then.
Maxwell's reputation has been quite the same for a while now.  :P

PS: I like Israeli Mossad (sic), just in case somebody did not know. Maxwell was rumored to work for other agencies as well.
That's from another meme mine FB group called Truth Warrior News, from the usual suspect.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 09, 2020, 07:18:05 AM
That argumentum ad auctoritatem was just warm up.

QuoteHow deep will we be allowed to go into the Rabbit hole?
X9Yth7C&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=2ec93aec88317793f495c6a929b0670d&oe=5F2BA97E[/img]

PS: yes, photo "evidence".

I should be careful with that photo of me and Boris Johnson together :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on July 09, 2020, 10:51:26 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 09, 2020, 07:18:05 AM
That argumentum ad auctoritatem was just warm up.

QuoteHow deep will we be allowed to go into the Rabbit hole?
X9Yth7C&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=2ec93aec88317793f495c6a929b0670d&oe=5F2BA97E[/img]

PS: yes, photo "evidence".

I should be careful with that photo of me and Boris Johnson together :ph34r:

Wait until someone digs up one of a very young you with Thatcher.  :P

PDH

Is that one of those "kids giving the finger" pictures?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Dunno, this date range seems a tad cherry picked ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Checking worldometers.info it seems that Corona has since overtaken seasonal flu, death in childbirth, malaria and is about equal with suicides.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
https://www.worldometers.info/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Imagine having another 40 million kids every year that nobody wants.

Duque de Bragança

Sadly (?) only Germanophones will get the most of it. The gist of it is some haphazard comparison between Hitler policies ant the compliance or resistance by the population on one hand and mask wearing plus conspiracy theory thinking on the other hand.

Syt

What's the opinion on this? From what I see Goya seems to be a decent company, but OTOH calling the US "blessed" for having Trump as president ... :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on July 11, 2020, 11:04:09 AM
What's the opinion on this? From what I see Goya seems to be a decent company, but OTOH calling the US "blessed" for having Trump as president ... :unsure:

The boycott is fine by me.

Only thing is these guys have kind of a monopoly.  Don't know where people will get their stuff.

Syt

QuoteChad Prather
  · Shared with Public

Muslim countries have used face coverings for millennia but their COVID cases are astronomical.
But make sure you put on your Gov. Abbott Muzzle to walk over to your brunch table.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I felt like I need to react to that but I am not sure how. :D OMG

DGuller

Speaking of Muslim countries, what's going on there with Covid death rates?  Some of the Arabian peninsula countries have death rates in the 0.1% range, and had been throughout, so it's not just a timing issue.  Did anyone look at excess death figures for the miracle countries like those, or Singapore, and see if the stories line up?

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on July 12, 2020, 02:54:13 PM
I felt like I need to react to that but I am not sure how. :D OMG

It's by far one of the dumbest things I've seen them post in a while, and that's saying something.
—Stephen Jay Gould