News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 04, 2020, 11:27:07 AM
I guess involuntary service is a good way to better appreciate freedom. Not sure it would help them love this country though.

If the way people reacted to the draft back in the late 1960's and early 1970's are an indication, the draft won't inspire more love of country.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

It just helps me love my country and appreciate freedom.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2020, 11:36:57 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 04, 2020, 11:27:07 AM
I guess involuntary service is a good way to better appreciate freedom. Not sure it would help them love this country though.

If the way people reacted to the draft back in the late 1960's and early 1970's are an indication, the draft won't inspire more love of country.

It did help them appreciate freedom by fleeing to Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on July 04, 2020, 09:18:55 AM
Quote from: Maximus on July 03, 2020, 04:37:05 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2020, 03:48:17 PM
OC is a rich county.  Why are they handing out plastic badges?
Looks like a fabric badge with velcro backing.

Now that you mention it, it does.

Yes, usually worn with non dress style uniform. Leave to Languish to fuss over that. :lol:

His first line sup needs to be rolled up in this investigation too at least.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2020, 11:31:57 AM
Damnit how many weird libertarian militias are out there?

A bit under 200.

QuoteThe Intelligence Project identified 576 extreme antigovernment groups that were active in 2019, down from 612 in 2018. Of these groups, 181 were militias (marked with an asterisk), down from 216 in 2018. The remainder included "common-law" courts, publishers, ministries and citizens' groups. Generally, such groups define themselves as opposed to the "New World Order," engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing, or advocate or adhere to extreme antigovernment doctrines.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/antigovernment

Valmy

It's weird how one short aspirational statement about a post Cold War world of peace, cooperation, and prosperity by George HW Bush 30 years ago has had such legs in that community.

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on July 04, 2020, 03:42:41 PM
It's weird how one short aspirational statement about a post Cold War world of peace, cooperation, and prosperity by George HW Bush 30 years ago has had such legs in that community.

The terms and concepts were used before GHWB.  Just one example:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_World_Order_(Wells)

...it's clearly the idea of some nebulous world government that frightens them, because they are doing so well under their current regime.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on July 04, 2020, 04:44:31 AM
Time to teach kids about freedom by taking away their freedom :lol:
The US is already a tyranny.  People are forced to wear mask in most public spaces.  Conscription is the next logical step. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2020, 11:36:57 AM

learn from your mistakes: this time, draft them all under the flag, no one will be left to protest back home.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

https://djhjmedia.com/eric/3229/

QuoteWake Up USA! BLM Is Anti-God, Anti-White, Anti-Traditional Family – Marxists!

Racism is a universal problem that manifests its ugly head in different ways. Sometimes as an unspoken rule of not-associating with people of different ethnicities or even murdering unexpecting people who simply were born to parents with the "wrong" skin color.

BLM was started by three angry Marxist black girls, all practicing lesbianism, motivated to force cultural changes. The BLM website is unabashedly racist, anti-God, anti-man, anti-man/woman family units, etc. Using the deaths of back men as a front, they are systematically attacking all areas of our culture, they have targeted for change.

Similar to Mussolini's Black Shirts and Hitler's Brown Shirts,  BLM's devotees seem willing to act corporately or independently with the express purpose of installing fear in those they want to rule over.

Here is a quick video of BLM in action

https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1275887975029706752

Unlike a lot of other hate groups, BLM has clearly laid out their anarchist Godless positions, and how they propose to force the changes to take place.

From BackLivesMatter.com:

About

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin's murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

What We Believe

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and "villages" that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

Here are some recent videos from Twitter

https://twitter.com/livesmattershow/status/1279476826146996226?s=20
https://twitter.com/SusanStJames3/status/1280125866262114307?s=20
https://twitter.com/ctannous98/status/1279194076529770497?s=20

From Gateway Pundit:

MORE RIOT CONNECTIONS: BLM Co-Founder Opal Tometi Connected to Communist Venezuelan President Maduro

We reported on May 30th the riots in Democrat-led cities around the country were coordinated and related to three main groups: 1)  US-based Islamist Organizations, 2) Domestic terrorists, and 3) Other radical groups linked to the Democrat Party.

We've uncovered other individuals connected to the group BLM like the Clinton connected member of the Weather Underground, Susan Rosenberg.

Now we know that one of the co-founders of BLM is linked to Venezuelan communist dictator Maduro.

Yes, Black Lives Matter, as do all, but BLM is an openly Marxist corporation whose purpose is to force change, through intimidation and violence. We must educate, legislate, and vote for people who will pass laws increasing prison sentencing for crimes committed by domestic terrorists. If America allows the transfer of policing from local peace officers to democratic mob rule enforcers, it will not be long before the streets in all major cities will be too dangerous for white Americans to walk or even drive.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

He misses the fact that Black Lives Matter is a movement, not an organization, for most people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Gotta give the author some props for actually sourcing their claims.  That's a step usually missing in these Facebook posts.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on July 07, 2020, 03:08:50 PM
Gotta give the author some props for actually sourcing their claims.  That's a step usually missing in these Facebook posts.

Feel free to peruse the "news" site: https://djhjmedia.com/
—Stephen Jay Gould