News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Oh, and approving of police being judge, jury, and executioners:

QuoteMark Dalton
  · Shared with Public

Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD."

An illegal alien, in Polk County, Florida , who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had." Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) ...."When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Threviel on June 16, 2020, 07:59:12 AM
Ohh, are we playing clue?

Is it my lack of communication skills making me seem much colder than what I actually mean?

Many black people have wide-set noses. Is it reasonable for police to detain any black person nearby?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Threviel

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2020, 05:15:56 AM

Is it my lack of communication skills making me seem much colder than what I actually mean?

Many black people have wide-set noses. Is it reasonable for police to detain any black person nearby?

Huh? Cops shouldn't use descriptions of physical features when hunting suspects?

garbon

Quote from: Threviel on June 17, 2020, 06:50:23 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2020, 05:15:56 AM

Huh? Cops shouldn't use descriptions of physical features when hunting suspects?

So they should stop every black person nearby when hunting a suspect?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Threviel

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Quote from: Threviel on June 17, 2020, 07:10:06 AM
Probably not. Point being?

I believe the point here is that in hierarchy of race in the US the notion among whites is "all blacks look the same" which allows the non-individualism of blacks and the ability to treat innocent, guilty, suspect, and passerby as the same - "likely criminal."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

viper37

Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2020, 09:45:19 AM

I believe the point here is that in hierarchy of race in the US the notion among whites is "all blacks look the same" which allows the non-individualism of blacks and the ability to treat innocent, guilty, suspect, and passerby as the same - "likely criminal."
lots of people seem to have genuine difficulties in differentiating black males from one another, no specifically related to racism.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Threviel on June 16, 2020, 07:21:18 AM
I believe it unreasonable that civilians walk around with guns if they have no particular reason to do it.

You've said lots of dumb things, but this one struck me as particularly dumb.  How do you know his motivations for carrying a gun?  You claim that he had "no particular reason" to carry a gun, but I find your claims to mind-reading a dead person highly suspect.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 17, 2020, 04:35:06 PM

lots of people seem to have genuine difficulties in differentiating black males from one another, no specifically related to racism.

I don't find it that hard.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2020, 05:03:02 PM

I don't find it that hard.

Nor do I.   Maybe if people just look at the person and not the skin color, they will be better able to perceive what they are seeing?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

lack of eyesight?

DGuller

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on June 17, 2020, 05:25:14 PM
There is such a thing as a cross-race effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect.

Which explains why those of us who do not live in white ghettos don't have difficulty.

"as a person gains more experience with those of a particular race, he or she will begin to use more holistic processing."