News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

No, that's not really what makes you an idiot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Threviel

Ohh, are we playing clue?

Is it my lack of communication skills making me seem much colder than what I actually mean?

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2020, 01:48:27 PM
Quote from: Threviel on June 15, 2020, 01:46:29 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2020, 01:36:40 PM
You're making the wrong assumption. They think that if police bother you you must have broken the law, or at least something to draw attention. They don't consider that just being black can be enough to draw attention.

To be fair, both Floyd and Atlanta guy were breaking the law and under the influence. They were both being a nuisance.

That's not to say that they should have been executed.

Were they? That is (was?) up to the courts to decide. Innocent until proven guilty.
Floyd was breaking the law, he presented an apparently fake 20$ bill.  He cooperated up until they wanted to get him behind the car where he said he couldn't go because he was claustrophobic.  And from there, things escalated :(

I have read nothing that he was under the influence though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2020, 03:42:51 PM
They really get on all the stuff being banned. I can't think of anything that has been banned. What is the one group of people who economic hardship is being blamed on?
These people believe there are roaming bands of Antifas in every city of the South, ready to deface a Jefferson Davis statue - or worst.
The Russians know as well as the leftist activists which point to trigger in these people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Threviel

Quote from: viper37 on June 16, 2020, 08:16:31 AM
I have read nothing that he was under the influence though.

Ohh, I was going on memory, I remembered it as if he was high and making a minor nuisance of himself. Counterfeit and theft is good enough reason to call the police. Not for them to murder him though.

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on June 16, 2020, 07:21:18 AM
I believe that if a police officer sees someone that he believes resembles some known hunted criminal it's quite reasonable that he investigates said someone.
I agree.  Up to the point where he pulls them over, see they have a 4 year old kid behind them and the guy specifically admits he has a gun and is reaching for his driver license just as the officer ordered him to do.

I believe it unreasonable that civilians walk around with guns if they have no particular reason to do it.
It's the Constitution, stupid. ;)What you find reasonable or not is irrelevant.  Their Constitution allows for the possession of guns, and in some places open carry.  That is part of the life and the police force should integrate it in their training.

QuoteI believe that many US police officers seem badly trained.
We're getting somewhere.

I believe that a society where everyone can be armed with hidden weapons it probably makes police a bit jumpy.
Again, irrelevant.  If police officers are nervous about that possibility, than they should join the ranks of those trying to reform the situation.  Which they don't seem to massively do.

Threviel

Valmy

Floyd was breaking the law, he presented an apparently fake 20$ bill.

That is an accusation not a conviction. Whether or not he was breaking the law had not yet been determined.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2020, 09:56:25 AM

That is an accusation not a conviction. Whether or not he was breaking the law had not yet been determined.

It is not even an accusation with the word "apparently" being thrown in.

Threviel

At which time a reasonable police force might arrest him to investigate the alleged crime. Or how would you have it?

The murder was an arrest gone horribly wrong, that doesn't mean that there was no reason for the arrest.

Valmy

Quote from: Threviel on June 16, 2020, 11:47:59 AM

At which time a reasonable police force might arrest him to investigate the alleged crime. Or how would you have it?

The murder was an arrest gone horribly wrong, that doesn't mean that there was no reason for the arrest.

I was addressing the assertion in the image Syt published. That so long as you never break the law the police will leave you alone. This is not true. Being suspected of breaking the law and breaking the law are different and often it is circumstances outside of your control that puts you in the suspected category.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Ahh, sorry. I didn't quite catch that.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2020, 11:51:39 AM

The government doesn't want to disarm anybody, that would be an administrative and political and law enforcement nightmare and ruinously expensive. Odd they get confused between some of their fellow citizens wanting fewer guns and some kind of government conspiracy.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2020, 11:51:39 AM

Well fortunately no political party is doing that Charlie Daniels unless wanting to beat a sitting President in an election is going to destroy his supporters somehow.