Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Wow, three funerals?  He's really got it made.

Valmy

Really? I guess everything is about Trump to some people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Oh yeah here it comes. We get to do this again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

I'm noticing an odd number of shitty memes around about how some black people had slaves too.
Like....
Yeah?
And?

Is it just me or is the fasc's obsession with whataboutism getting worse and worse?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2020, 02:00:42 PM
I'm noticing an odd number of shitty memes around about how some black people had slaves too.
Like....
Yeah?
And?

Is it just me or is the fasc's obsession with whataboutism getting worse and worse?

I mean yeah those slaves were almost entirely captured and sold by Africans. But so what? If we were Nigerians or whatever that would be an issue we would have to deal with, but we aren't so that is their issue. Why bring it up?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Also you need to pay for roads out your own pocket.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

If you eat chickens that means you also should feast on the beating hearts of human babies. If you eat something you can eat other things.

Syt

I like the decision of the meme to equate people calling for defunding the police with people on welfare or food stamps (which my oldest sister's family also benefited from for years in the past).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2020, 02:32:52 PM
If you eat chickens that means you also should feast on the beating hearts of human babies. If you eat something you can eat other things.

That's run of the mill vegan propaganda, right?

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 11, 2020, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2020, 02:32:52 PM

That's run of the mill vegan propaganda, right?

Probably. I just get so annoyed by the connecting of unrelated things with specious logic that is so common in these "memes".

If you pay to get your haircut that means you should support human trafficking and racketeering. If you can pay for one type of service you should be able to pay for them all.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2020, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2020, 02:00:42 PM
Like....
Yeah?
And?

I mean yeah those slaves were almost entirely captured and sold by Africans. But so what? If we were Nigerians or whatever that would be an issue we would have to deal with, but we aren't so that is their issue. Why bring it up?
Some Black Southerners held slaves because it was easier to have a "slave" than a freedperson when they wanted to liberate their family and work on a plantation themselves.
This is where this story comes from.  Not to say that some blacks could not have owned slaves the same way the whites where, but that was the majority situation.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.