News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fromtia

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
What is this bizarre narrative about the coronavirus? If anything else gets discussed at any time there is a conspiracy or this proves something?

Oof that one is everywhere. "and just like that covid19 disappears" . Fuck off you morons.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

The Larch

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on June 04, 2020, 12:00:10 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 04, 2020, 11:28:19 AMFrom the usual suspect.

Dude, we don't know who your friends are.

Not a friend ; I was referring to the meme source previously alluded (the Brown Eye according to the Brain).

Tamas

I guess where they almost have a bit of point is that before the riots there wasn't any other news but Covid-19. Now it is relegated to second spot if mentioned at all. Plus, whereas there was a big bruhaha about keeping things closed and keeping social distancing, suddenly nobody (on the "unamerican" side) is bothered by crowds of thousands/tens of thousands.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 04, 2020, 12:07:26 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 04, 2020, 12:00:10 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 04, 2020, 11:28:19 AMFrom the usual suspect.

Dude, we don't know who your friends are.

Not a friend ; I was referring to the meme source previously alluded (the Brown Eye according to the Brain).

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Duque de Bragança

If you have not been following the thread, that's not a surprise.  :P

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2020, 06:05:58 AM
Back to topic, a more subtle, or less stupid (take your pick) meme, from that great fountain of knowledge called Third Eye Open which grants you critical thinker status since you do not rely on mainstream media:

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2020, 12:08:51 PM
I guess where they almost have a bit of point is that before the riots there wasn't any other news but Covid-19. Now it is relegated to second spot if mentioned at all. Plus, whereas there was a big bruhaha about keeping things closed and keeping social distancing, suddenly nobody (on the "unamerican" side) is bothered by crowds of thousands/tens of thousands.
It's hardly surprising that people facing down riot troops aren't very risk-averse when it comes to physical safety.

Tamas

Quote from: Maximus on June 04, 2020, 12:26:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2020, 12:08:51 PM
It's hardly surprising that people facing down riot troops aren't very risk-averse when it comes to physical safety.

Obviously, but what I think these "memes" aim at is the fact that from their point of view there was a lot of media shrilling over people not wanting to go along with lockdowns. But now that thousands defy those lockdowns, the same media ignore this fact.

Josquius

With corona I'm mostly seeing the fasc trying to take the high ground. Putting down the protestors for not obeying lockdown and clearly wanting to kill people.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 04, 2020, 12:20:23 PM
If you have not been following the thread, that's not a surprise.  :P

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2020, 06:05:58 AM
Back to topic, a more subtle, or less stupid (take your pick) meme, from that great fountain of knowledge called Third Eye Open which grants you critical thinker status since you do not rely on mainstream media:

I skip most of the text and discussion, I only enter here to lose my faith in humanity by seeing what people share online.  :P

Syt

No comment on use of excessive force by police, but:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to mourn police killed or injured by criminals. However, if your timeline these days consists only of covering violence against police, and none by the police, then I feel there is "a bit" of a bias.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Is that true? I've not seen any reports of police deaths.

Or is typical righty sneak and they're counting cops killed in shoot outs with drug dealers in the middle of the desert as somehow relevant to this BLM business?
██████
██████
██████

bogh

They are saying the combined number of injured and dead cops is 70. Dead could be zero and it still works.

Richard Hakluyt