Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2020, 01:48:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89y5-yjAakk

These guys are treating the pre-stocked throwing rocks as legit.

It is kind of annoying... when I watch news reports like that, or read the comments under that or other "patriotic" sites/commenters what's going on is that major US cities have succumbed to anarchy and an orgy of crime.

I look at the Guardian, or what peeps are linking to on this forum, what I see what's going on is peaceful young people kneeling and protesting and the police bashing their head in.

It's like two parallel realities with no connection point.

Eddie Teach

True reality doesn't fit into a neat little narrative.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2020, 11:38:37 AM

Trump was honored because of his German heritage

They give out medals for absolutely anything these days. 

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2020, 02:41:03 AM

It is kind of annoying... when I watch news reports like that, or read the comments under that or other "patriotic" sites/commenters what's going on is that major US cities have succumbed to anarchy and an orgy of crime.

I look at the Guardian, or what peeps are linking to on this forum, what I see what's going on is peaceful young people kneeling and protesting and the police bashing their head in.

From what I can piece together the second is the most accurate. Though some shits have taken advantage of the situation to smash up some shops whilst the protests are going on. The establishment has seen how succesful equating all protestors with looters is in Hong Kong so they've decided that's the narrative to push to the unthinking.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2020, 03:12:57 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2020, 02:41:03 AM

From what I can piece together the second is the most accurate. Though some shits have taken advantage of the situation to smash up some shops whilst the protests are going on. The establishment has seen how succesful equating all protestors with looters is in Hong Kong so they've decided that's the narrative to push to the unthinking.

They didn't need Honk Kong for that, that's propaganda and human nature 101. Angry protests can look quite scary when you don't agree with them, it is quite easy to believe the narrative that all of them are violent rioters hell-bent on anarchy and destruction.

Admiral Yi

"The establishment."  :lol:

The relative numbers of peaceful protestors and looters and smashers seems pretty irrelevant to me.  The fact that people are choosing to take advantage of the situation and enrich themselves doesn't change the facts of facts of Floyd George's death, or the sincerity of the people protesting.  For what it's worth the peaceful protestors seem much more numerous.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2020, 03:45:17 AM

What would you call the Trump administration and their allies?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2020, 04:18:45 AM

Swamp Draining Maverick Rebel Outsiders (SDMRO)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2020, 04:18:45 AM

The Trump administration, Fox, right wing media, the GOP, Trump supporters, right wingers.  The establishment really doesn't work.

Razgovory

"The establishment" is a fairly meaningless term.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Valmy

What is this bizarre narrative about the coronavirus? If anything else gets discussed at any time there is a conspiracy or this proves something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

It's a "media hoax"; 99% exaggerated since it has 1% mortality at most (most likely 0.1 %).

At worst, hydroxychloroquin makes it disappear in no time without any side effects but ™Big Pharma™ won't have you take it so easily since it's bad for their business.

merithyn

The relative numbers of peaceful protestors and looters and smashers seems pretty irrelevant to me.  The fact that people are choosing to take advantage of the situation and enrich themselves doesn't change the facts of facts of Floyd George's death, or the sincerity of the people protesting.  For what it's worth the peaceful protestors seem much more numerous.

In Portland, an estimated 10,000 peaceful protesters walked the streets for hours yesterday, most leaving around 9pm. At around 9pm, an estimated 100-150 people were at a fence barricading the Justice Center. A handful started throwing bottles and rocks at the fence, and the police unleashed on all of the people there.

Our news stations showed both with about equal air time. On Twitter, you only see the beat down by the police.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...