Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2020, 09:37:43 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 29, 2020, 09:09:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2020, 08:27:00 AM
From my sister. I am confused.

Googling apparently this guy was in some incident where a crazy white woman called the police on him for going about his daily business.
I guess there's some kind of fascist conspiracy that he tried to attack her or something? And they're going on about  his involvement with introducing a lesbian character to mark him as definitely one of those evil libs?

I think the confusing bit is that they seem to be supporting him vs. the straight white woman.

The story itself was a major news item in the US...well at least in my family :D

It was pretty big news even out this way, so yeah. I'd say it wasn't "hidden" by any stretch of imagination.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on June 01, 2020, 08:22:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2020, 08:27:00 AM
From my sister. I am confused.

QuoteInstead of posting images of the brutalization of black citizens, I'm posting this instead. And I can't tell you how giddy today's black innovator makes me on soooo many levels.

This absolute stud muffin of a man is Christian Cooper, trending right now due to the now infamous recent Central Park incident with that crazy lady Karen-Becky -something or other..... (we ain't here to talk about her.... were here for the sexy DADDY that is Christian 👀🏳️‍🌈🙌🏽)

Christian is a Harvard graduate! he was president of the Harvard Ornithological Club, and is currently a senior biomedical editor at Health Science Communications. (HELLO big sexy brain)
Christian is a avid bird watcher (HELLO nerd 😍😍😍😍)

But .... Mr. Christian Cooper has also written stories for Marvel Comics !!🙌🏽He has also edited a number of X-Men collections.....and here's where it gets fucking awesome ya'll........He also introduced the FIRST GAY male character, Yoshi Mishima, in a Star Trek comic as well as introducing the FIRST LESBIAN character for Marvel, Victoria Montesi!!!

So..... I'm telling you this absolute hunk of a silver daddy is brilliant, a nerd, a nature lover, AND responsible for revolutionizing the comic book world and bringing in inclusivity and diversity! 🥳🏳️‍🌈🙌🏽🤤🤤🤤🤤

Heeeeellllloooooo Christian 👀

#blacklivesmatter #100daysofblackinnovation #christiancooper #day3

***edit *** everydays post so far people have asked if they can share... YES! share these. Every person I've posted and will post; has revolutionized our world in some way! Re post it and talk about them today. We shouldn't only #saytheirname when it's due to tragedy. ❤️ say their name now and have gratitude for how these rock stars have made our world better 🌎 See Less

She does know that he's gay, right? :unsure:

She brags about him creating LGBT characters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I should point out my sister just shared the text, she didn't write it. :P

We're back to the regular scheduled program of supporting the police, condemning the rioters, and suggesting the parents of the little girl that got peppersprayed should get a visit from Child Protection Services because bringing a child to a riot is reckless endangerment. :)

If you're looking for any mention of George Floyd or excessive use of force by the police ... keep looking.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

The one I seem to see is anger at the rioters for blocking streets which apparently is harmful to people's constitutional rights to pursue happiness :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

But actually:

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:6348420521

QuoteCLAIM: There are only three people who won the Ellis Island award for their work within the black community: Rosa Parks, Muhammad Ali and Donald Trump. Yet the "squad" wants you to believe he's racist.

AP'S ASSESSMENT: False. Trump was one of 87 people to be honored with the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 1986 for his successful work as a developer in New York City, not for his work within the black community.

THE FACTS: Social media users for years have wrongly suggested Trump was honored with the 1986 award for his work in the black community.

New posts circulating on social media are now holding up Trump's Ellis Island award to rebuff claims that the president is racist after he suggested on Twitter that the "squad," four freshmen Democrats who are all women of color and U.S. citizens,  should go back to the "broken and crime infested" countries they came from.

Trump was part of the first group of Americans to be given the award, which recognized people hailing from a variety of ethnic backgrounds who made significant contributions to the country, Otto Coca, communications director for the Ellis Island Honors Society, told The Associated Press last year. 

Trump was honored because of his German heritage and his work as a developer.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

An interesting thing to follow for the last few weeks was my middle sister's Covid-19 journey.

It started with her sharing memes denouncing it as hoax, then that it's not so dangerous. This morphed into that people should stay at home and wear masks, including tips on how to make your own masks. It swung back to "if we're allowed to go shopping, then why is everything else closed?" And on the weekend she shared how dangerous masks are because you keep rebreathing your stale CO2 and germs.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on May 30, 2020, 02:54:48 PM

I mean, come on now. France is much closer culturally, today, to Algeria than to Lithuania. Do you feel a kinship towards Balts or something? With their pickled fish and weird ass language?

Come on.

:lmfao:

Great trolling. All right, I'll play along just a little bit:

Maybe in Marseille, but Marseille is not France.

PS: besides, the anti-Eastern Euro stance is so Rosbif:P

Duque de Bragança

The Brown Eye (as per the Brain's recommendation) Open, still in need of an editor, but close to his fundamentals:

Snopes seems to disagree but the one who posted it says Snope is mainstream and no proof.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jfk-plot-in-this-country-to-enslave/

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2020, 11:38:37 AM

The claim that only 3 people won the medal is somewhat undercut by showing 4 people with the medal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Syt

QuoteTim Boles Jr.
snth1SSpno1ns olghrresd  · Shared with Public
We are being divided and distracted by the media! Wonder why!?? If you are still spending most of your energy arguing about the protest/riots then you are still manipulated. #wakeup #criticalthinking

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Also:

https://davidharrisjr.com/steven/mysterious-stacks-of-bricks-delivered-to-numerous-us-cities-more-evidence-riots-are-organized/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Rlglgs-YY_DrGehNKNSJvm1WGFSaLX35eKGUYDcFJgCYs3OXZf828r-Q

QuoteMysterious Stacks of Bricks Delivered to Numerous US Cities – More Evidence Riots Are Organized!

Stacks of bricks are being delivered into ground zero in several cities where the riots are concentrated. There have also been plastic containers filled with rocks. Together they are used as ammunition against the police.

This all adds up to more proof that these riots are not spontaneous but are actually part of a well planned out scheme.

Antifa and their Democratic defenders are hoping the massive riots will bring down the president. But the truth is, Joe Biden is the worst candidate in history and considering that Hillary has run for president twice, that's saying something.

We reported previously that the groups behind the riots in the US include domestic terrorists, Black lives Matter, US Islamists and others linked to the Democrat Party.

These protests are organized – bricks are being delivered uninhibited to riot sites.

In cities around the US bricks are being delivered to riot locations and used to destroy property.

In Boston and Houston bricks are being delivered.

This is not just happening in one city.  So who are the bricks being delivered to?  In Frisco, Texas, bricks are being delivered to the customer labeled as Public Works.

Video/pictures at the link for those interested.
—Stephen Jay Gould