And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteMelinda England McCloud
· Public
If you believe the President said to inject bleach, you most likely already chewed a Tide Pod.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2020, 11:46:52 AM
QuoteMelinda England McCloud
· Public
If you believe the President said to inject bleach, you most likely already chewed a Tide Pod.

We can only go by what words he said. Maybe we need some Trump priests to interpret what he is saying standing by like the Oracle of Delphi.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Finally, a President who says what he means and means what he says!

Errrh, well, not in THAT case, that's not what he meant at all!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

You can't take him literally, you have to take him seriou . . . er, , SARCASTICALLY!  that's it, you have to take him sarcastically.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

You know, just once I'd like to hear him say " I was wrong I'll try to do better in the future".  Or something along those lines.   Hell, he could even blame it partly on stress or something.  "That was a dumb thing to say, I've been working really hard and my head can get a little muddled" That would indicate that he's at least a normal person and not a sociopath.  It's okay to say stupid things once in a while.  It's okay to be wrong.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2020, 12:04:51 PM
A mildly funny wordplay.

More than mildly, since it matches a very close French wordplay raie publique (raie being a synecdoche of bottom/arse) and république – en marche –, as in Macron's party.  :P
Difference between /ɛ/ and /e/ being lost in Southern French now.

Syt

QuoteCharley Burke
Republican Dogs for Trump
· Public
We stand in line at Target, Walmart, Lowe's etc. We can stand in line in November. Say NO to mail in voting. Make this go viral
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Um the President said it, not the news. Is the President also fake news? What is the real news? Idiotic internet memes?

I don't get the angst over mail in ballots. Don't we already do that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2020, 12:52:43 AM
Um the President said it, not the news. Is the President also fake news? What is the real news? Idiotic internet memes?

What could be more valuable for this president than nobody believing anything he or the media says? Leaves him free to do whatever.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2020, 12:52:43 AM

I don't get the angst over mail in ballots. Don't we already do that?

Well, to be fair, the President said to inject it, not to drink it.

Which is obviously so much more sensible ...  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2020, 12:51:07 AM

QuoteCharley Burke
Republican Dogs for Trump
· Public
We stand in line at Target, Walmart, Lowe's etc. We can stand in line in November. Say NO to mail in voting. Make this go viral

"Make this go viral" is a very apt turn of phrase for this particular idiocy.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on April 25, 2020, 02:39:18 PM

He's already told us what we can do for him.  Risk your life for the economy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

If you don't want to think hard about politics:

—Stephen Jay Gould