Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2020, 02:05:58 AM
It's interesting that the far right are so big on corona denialism. You'd think they'd be throwing themselves wholeheartedly into bigging it up as an extinction level event unless drastic action is taken.
It gives them so much of what they want. Hate for China, massively restricted international travel, etc...
If I was of a brexity disposition I'd be loving this and hoping it continues after the crisis.

Yeah look at Hungary, they are wasting no time giving Orban indefinite dictatorial powers because of 400 confirmed cases as of today.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2020, 02:05:58 AM
It's interesting that the far right are so big on corona denialism. You'd think they'd be throwing themselves wholeheartedly into bigging it up as an extinction level event unless drastic action is taken.
It gives them so much of what they want. Hate for China, massively restricted international travel, etc...
If I was of a brexity disposition I'd be loving this and hoping it continues after the crisis.

It's a US far-right attitude I guess.
The sovereignists here (more moderate) are in full "told you so" mode. Le Pen has no links with China, so no problem for her. This would have problematic were it Russia.  :whistle:

Tonitrus

I've gotta say, that is rather disappointing, if unsurprising, that the political tribalism/divide pre-virus simply absorbed the Covid crisis into itself (from both the right and left) like the Borg.

We could probably be invaded by Martians at this point, and we'd still have a huge divide on the issue.

Duque de Bragança

Admiral Yi

bogh

Wait, what? Who should be publicly executed after the confinement ends?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: bogh on March 30, 2020, 07:51:20 AM

Late 18th century aristocrats and royalty.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on March 30, 2020, 08:30:30 AM
Quote from: bogh on March 30, 2020, 07:51:20 AM

Late 18th century aristocrats and royalty.

Not so subtle metaphor for decapitating the Head of State and ministers, I'd wager.
Namely the former Health Minister who infamously said at the end of January that COVID-19 would not spread. Based on faulty, lacunar informations and/or to tranquilize the populace, take your pick.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Way to uncover that sinister criminal conspiracy there libertytreenews.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

I'd be interested in seeing a count of the amount of anti-Trump folks who have said similar about people vs. pro-Trump folks...
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on March 31, 2020, 10:31:07 AM
I'd be interested in seeing a count of the amount of anti-Trump folks who have said similar about people vs. pro-Trump folks...

What good would that do?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 31, 2020, 10:43:11 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 31, 2020, 10:31:07 AM

What good would that do?
Nothing of course. They'd just find some new nonsense to prove teh libs are evil.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2020, 06:53:47 AM
Way to uncover that sinister criminal conspiracy there libertytreenews.

It is a good website name for those who are out for blood.