News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2020, 04:13:36 PM
A lot of the stuff on my sisters' timelines at the moment is about the plight of the truckers in these days, and that hotels, restaurants etc. should offer them free stuff for the services they provide. :unsure:

Not an insane take.  Not sure I agree (though truckers are important right now), but not completely crazy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

So they've finally seen the light and become progressives?
Victory! ✌️
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

@Beeb: I think the point is the evolution from crazy mad hoaxer to born again virus justice warrior.

Razgovory

I suspect that it will go back to being a hoax when Trump states that we won't be isolating anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2020, 04:19:33 PM
@Beeb: I think the point is the evolution from crazy mad hoaxer to born again virus justice warrior.

It's not inconsistent.  The reason things are so hard on truckers is because all of this is due to a hoax.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

A lot of the stuff on my sisters' timelines at the moment is about the plight of the truckers in these days, and that hotels, restaurants etc. should offer them free stuff for the services they provide. :unsure:

Maybe they should get a Universal Basic Income so they can make it through times like this :hmm:

I mean I do hope businesses ban together with their vital partners and they can all help each other get through this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2020, 04:32:56 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2020, 04:19:33 PM

It's not inconsistent.  The reason things are so hard on truckers is because all of this is due to a hoax.

I thought the issue is that suddenly they want to help workers through tough times instead of demanding they stop being snowflakes and tough it out or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2020, 05:33:22 PM

Maybe they should get a Universal Basic Income so they can make it through times like this :hmm:

I think it's a different problem; transport (or at least rail transport, which I'm more familiar with) is operating at capacity.  Freight carriers are putting themselves at risk so that you can get essential goods.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2020, 04:32:56 PM

1. They've given up on the IT"S A HOAX memes.
2. There was that interrmediate position of GOD BLESS TRUMP FOR TRYING TO CUT PAYROLL TAXES.

Looks me like they're pivoting.

mongers

Quote from: Savonarola on March 24, 2020, 06:06:52 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2020, 05:33:22 PM

I think it's a different problem; transport (or at least rail transport, which I'm more familiar with) is operating at capacity.  Freight carriers are putting themselves at risk so that you can get essential goods.

Truck drivers are a key point of weakness in the UK, heard a radio documentary that said their average is is 56 years and lots have health issues.
The tanker drivers who transport milk are significantly older still.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Haven't you people understood yet that there is no logic required?  It really doesn't matter whether today's reality jibes in any way with yesterday's reality, no one cares.  Tomorrow's reality will be what it needs to be, let's not get all hung up on what today's reality is.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 24, 2020, 09:34:37 PM
Haven't you people understood yet that there is no logic required?  It really doesn't matter whether today's reality jibes in any way with yesterday's reality, no one cares.  Tomorrow's reality will be what it needs to be, let's not get all hung up on what today's reality is.

"No logic required" is really overstating things.  They are displaying basic logic in things like internal inconsistency and hidden agendas.  It's rather that their that their logic is muddled, or based on false assumptions, or deployed against straw men.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on March 24, 2020, 09:34:37 PM

:yes:

Richard Hakluyt

I'm not sure about the free stuff but we need to think of our truckers as key workers and do what we can to keep them healthy and on the road. Food supplies could be at risk if too many truckers are ill.

I'm agreeing with your sisters; only been in lockdown a few days, am I losing it already  :hmm: ?

Legbiter

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 25, 2020, 03:42:50 AMI'm agreeing with your sisters; only been in lockdown a few days, am I losing it already  :hmm: ?

Yeah we will all be much more aware of the logistics and people involved in keeping things running by the end of this pestilence. The checkout person at your local grocery store faces the pandemic every day for not that much money for instance. :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.