News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I honestly don't understand how people can go from claiming the virus is a hoax created by the media to get at Trump to a very serious disease.  I read 1984, but I didn't think anyone actually switched from "We have always been at war with East Asia" to "We have always been at war with Eurasia" just like that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

The difference there is that it actually is a serious disease.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2020, 03:09:58 AM
I honestly don't understand how people can go from claiming the virus is a hoax created by the media to get at Trump to a very serious disease.  I read 1984, but I didn't think anyone actually switched from "We have always been at war with East Asia" to "We have always been at war with Eurasia" just like that.

It was a famous lesson of early 20th century propaganda, which Goebbels took to heart, especially at the moment of the German-Soviet Pact. You just never skip a beat.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Josquius

Sad to say but I'm not surprised by this. This last 4 years I've seen it a lot. As soon as you show up one set of nonsense for what it is they just switch tack. It's about winning, not truth.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Gaslighting going into overdrive, it seems.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2020, 10:51:34 AM

So earlier they were complaining Democrats wanted to give people money, now they complain they don't want to give people money.

Oh and three Republicans and one Democrat dumped their stocks and now it seems only Democrats did it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Presumably they laugh nefariously as they colaspe the Economy whilst chugging their covfefes  :hmm:

Syt

I think the Chinese flag in the background is a nice "subtle" touch.

It's such a contrast from Austria where all parties have come together to carry the current situation. The opposition criticizes a few things, but also point out that now is not the time to bicker and fight. The measures so far have all been enacted unanimously.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 23, 2020, 03:24:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2020, 03:09:58 AM

It was a famous lesson of early 20th century propaganda, which Goebbels took to heart, especially at the moment of the German-Soviet Pact. You just never skip a beat.

I thought we were more sophisticated than that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2020, 11:09:08 AM
Oh and three Republicans and one Democrat dumped their stocks and now it seems only Democrats did it.

And the most prominent of those four, and the only one who is likely guilty, is a Republican. Convenient...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2020, 08:21:11 AM

snip

Wow, it's like the Kremlin have implanted a direct IV for their propaganda into vulnerable Americans/Westerners.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

I wonder what the reality of the Russia photo is.

Curious to see these people heralding communism given what we know about them.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

A lot of the stuff on my sisters' timelines at the moment is about the plight of the truckers in these days, and that hotels, restaurants etc. should offer them free stuff for the services they provide. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould