News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2020, 09:33:00 AM
I wonder how long it will take before the narrative shifts from blaming liberals for the panic, to blaming liberals for the ineffective measures taken to stop the spread of the disease.
The answer to that is easy to discover: watch Fox News everyday for the next 6 months and report on us.

I would do it, but I have some door knobs to lick in China, instead. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

I wonder how long it will take before the narrative shifts from blaming liberals for the panic, to blaming liberals for the ineffective measures taken to stop the spread of the disease.

Apparently Faux Snooze has directed that their talking heads and anchors are not to use the word "coronavirus" but, instead, the phrase "Chinese coronavirus."  There's a substantial YouTube clip with just an endless stream of Snoozers doing exactly that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I think the next line of defense in the libtard hoax narrative is "it's only affecting the blue states."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2020, 02:15:31 PM
I think the next line of defense in the libtard hoax narrative is "it's only affecting the blue states."

Syt's relatives have already said that :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2020, 08:59:17 PM

Apparently Faux Snooze has directed that their talking heads and anchors are not to use the word "coronavirus" but, instead, the phrase "Chinese coronavirus."  There's a substantial YouTube clip with just an endless stream of Snoozers doing exactly that.

I think the whole "Chinese virus" thing is an attempt to change what the media is talking about.

The "fake news" complains about Trump calling it the Chinese virus, saying that itis racist, while Fox News gets to complain about how the mainstream news is being politically correct in the middle of a crisis.  All of which distracts from the shitty job Trump is doing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Let's stop being politically correct and just call it the "MAGA virus".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Calling it the "Chinese" virus also helps to shift blame.  "It's not Trumps fault this is out there, it's a Chinese virus after all!"

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on March 18, 2020, 03:23:15 PM
Calling it the "Chinese" virus also helps to shift blame.  "It's not Trumps fault this is out there, it's a Chinese virus after all!"

Yep it is just an attempt by the Trump Administration to avoid what they most fear: accountability.

BLAME THE FOREIGNERS!! is kind of their answer for everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2020, 03:32:54 PM
Quote from: PRC on March 18, 2020, 03:23:15 PM

Yep it is just an attempt by the Trump Administration to avoid what they most fear: accountability.

BLAME THE FOREIGNERS!! is kind of their answer for everything.
When in doubt, blame a foreigner.  If there aren't any left, invent one.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maximus

Quote from: viper37 on March 19, 2020, 02:08:51 AM
When in doubt, blame a foreigner.  If there aren't any left, invent one.
The essence of nationalism.

The Minsky Moment

Meanwhile we blew by South Korea in number of cases and deaths.

USA! USA!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

It may have started out as a Chinese virus but it will end up as American as apple pie and the NFL.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

fromtia

Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2020, 03:32:54 PM

Well, according to Joe Scarborough it'll be effective because Trumps purposeful racism will draw media attention away from the woeful incompetence and ham fisted response. "Look at the horrible orange racist, so horrible!" versus "why doesn't the USA have a functioning testing apparatus and why are we so slow to respond at every stage?"
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.