Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 23, 2020, 03:48:57 PM
Correct the statement was about gentrification and while there is a racial component to that issue, it's interesting that "lawenforcement(Not Russia)today.com" should phrase it as telling "white people" to go back as opposed to new arrivals.

I mean, there is totally a racial component to the issue of gentrification but then a lot of that has to do with the extent which economic and racial lines parallel one another.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2020, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on January 27, 2020, 11:59:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2020, 11:53:54 AM
I don't understand how any of those are interesting points. "read these vapid propaganda talking points"

Nor do they sound like they were written by the comedian Tim Allen: which they weren't.

:o

Heh, while reading the Snopes article it occurred to me that if the list had been attributed to Ted Nugent I would have believed it.  (Despite only one mention of gun confiscation, and nothing about flaming arrows.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Larch

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Both names in that are unfamiliar to me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on January 28, 2020, 08:03:06 AM

Joe Rogan is the radio talk guy that recently endorsed Bernie.  There was a long rambling discussion about him in the election thread.

Valmy

I mean somebody has to make these things accessible to the other barbarian khans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 28, 2020, 08:07:44 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 28, 2020, 08:03:06 AM

Joe Rogan is the radio talk guy that recently endorsed Bernie.  There was a long rambling discussion about him in the election thread.

I knew who he is, so who's the other dude?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2020, 05:01:04 AM

They had no choice except to vote like shitheads.  They really didn't want to, but Nancy left them no choice but to vote like a shithead.  So you need to vote for them and reward them for taking the brave choice to vote like a shithead.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've kinda given up on that as well.  At first I thought people didn't know that facts provided in "Memes" were inaccurate.  I came to the conclusion that they simply don't care.  A comforting lie is worth more than a difficult truth.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017