News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2020, 04:21:26 PM

That is certainly a narrative one might put together.

It is so tired though. I have been hearing this line for at least thirty years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I wish states would enforce the anti-militia laws they already have on the books.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

I am 99.9% certain that the founders didn't write the Second Amendment to protect people against repeal of mandatory voter ID laws.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 16, 2020, 04:52:13 PM
I am 99.9% certain that the founders didn't write the Second Amendment to protect people against repeal of mandatory voter ID laws.

As usual everything in that post is either:

1. A lie. Some shit that was just made up.

2. Something dramatically misrepresented.

3. Linked together in a string of cause and effect that did not occur and likely happened in an entirely different order.

I just get so tired of it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

If it's Virginia that's saying this, surely you can get more than 80,000 signatures on a recall petition.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 16, 2020, 05:26:52 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 16, 2020, 05:12:22 PM
I just get so tired of it.

Yet you still open this thread.   :hmm:

Well first I was commenting on this kind of propaganda in general not asking Syt to stop posting. Second if it is posted on Languish I have this pathological compulsion to check it out. It is why I keep reading the Mono thread :P

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 16, 2020, 05:28:15 PM
If it's Virginia that's saying this, surely you can get more than 80,000 signatures on a recall petition.

It's the typical fanatic's belief that his/her views are the majority view, but the majority lacks the guts to speak up.

Of course, the 1.2 million Virginians who voted in the current legislature don't count, compared to the 80k who want the legislature out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Source, bitch!

(Not calling any of your sisters a bitch.)

The Brain

Asses aren't as liberal as you'd expect.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Wow that green image and that pumpkin really make you think about what is being said.

Admiral Yi

Yeah, production values are not up to par.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!