Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 13, 2020, 09:31:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 13, 2020, 08:34:39 AM
My sister also posted that the US should bring back the draft, so that the Trump family could dodge it again.

Fixed for her

Trump couldn't help it that the ONE DAY IN HIS LIFE that he happened to suffer from bone spurs was, unfortunately, the day he took his draft physical.  The US could have won the war in Vietnam so much that the US would have gotten tired of winning.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2020, 11:07:29 AM
I thought God was everywhere?

And he's a rat bastard who loves killing people, as the examples showed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Wouldn't the obvious message be America is being punished for electing such a sinful, heathen leader?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on January 13, 2020, 10:47:07 AM
Tbf, my two oldest sisters' husbands were in the Army (non of them saw combat action, even though one of them served 25 years till 2009 or so). My oldest sister's two oldest sons were in the Navy,  and her other two in the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (though it looks neither of them will join the military for realz). My middle sister's daughter is married to an Army Sgt. So "the military is good for you" runs in their blood.

Somebody needs to break it to her that her family lives off of money paid by others.  They should be in favour of a proper taxation system.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 13, 2020, 10:47:07 AM
Tbf, my two oldest sisters' husbands were in the Army (non of them saw combat action, even though one of them served 25 years till 2009 or so). My oldest sister's two oldest sons were in the Navy,  and her other two in the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (though it looks neither of them will join the military for realz). My middle sister's daughter is married to an Army Sgt. So "the military is good for you" runs in their blood.

They probably had grandparents, and great-grand parents in the military as well.  How well did it work out for them?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

There were properly drafted to defend the Vaterland. They had little time to whine about taking away money from rich people. The Germans preferred hyperinflation to do that anyway, rather than just taking it, so clearly this policy was a success.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

My sister also posted that the US should bring back the draft, because it would stop young people from whining and asking to take money away from rich people.

Yes arming and militarizing the angry poor. That's worked great for rich people in the past :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on January 13, 2020, 04:13:20 PM
My sister also posted that the US should bring back the draft, because it would stop young people from whining and asking to take money away from rich people.

Yes arming and militarizing the angry poor. That's worked great for rich people in the past :P

"I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half." - Attributed to Jay Gould (probably apocryphal ...)

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iypwvsq811Q&fbclid=IwAR0aDGbragobTy6JFsiNP7wuNzai_n5b-mI7qcR0izVU3FTDlAoyC5mZ9GU

QuoteFBI Confirms Islamic Jihadi Training Camps in America
17,250 views•Feb 17, 2018

Signs of the Last Days
38.5K subscribers

Newly-released FBI documents confirm that Islamic Jihadi camps are located in America and are training members in isolated communes across the country. Support this channel to continue sharing the truth of signs of Biblical prophecy to the world, donate here: https://signsofthelastdays.org/giving-2/

We are supported by viewers who support this ministry with donations of any amount so we can continue to share Signs of the Last Days prophecies to the world. Donate Here:  https://signsofthelastdays.org/produc...

Do you believe in sharing the truth of prophetic signs of the Bible? Become a monthly Partner in Prophecy giving any amount each month to share the signs. Become a monthly Partner In Prophecy donating here by checking the recurring contribution button: https://signsofthelastdays.org/giving-2/ God bless you.

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO GIVE TO SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL.

To Give Offering With PayPal Click Here: http://bit.ly/blessing4U

To give your offering by check, make payable to Signs of the Last Days and mail to:
(Sorry, we can no longer accept money orders.)
Signs of the Last Days
2951 Marina Bay Drive, Suite 130-440
League City, TX 77573

You can learn more about the Signs of the Last Days prophecies here: https://signsofthelastdays.org/shop/
The primary purpose of this video is to share information for educational and documentary purposes. The information we share has already been openly & widely reported by media and also in the prophecies of the Holy Scriptures. This not-for-profit research and educational use constitutes a fair use for service to the public.
https://signsofthelastdays.org/

FAIR USE STATEMENT: According to the "Fair Use" clause of International Copyright Law, the author declares that the use of photos, images, lyrics, video, or any other information in all academic/reference/scholarly works we do is for the purpose of "criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research" according to Section 107. – Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use, U.S. Copyright Code. We believe that our not-for-profit research and educational use constitutes a fair use of any copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law.) United States Code: Title 17, Section 107

FAIR USE NOTICE: Video may contain some copyrighted material whose use has not been authorized by the copyright owners. We believe that our not-for-profit educational use constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this is distributed without profit with the included information for research and educational purposes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Who posted that on Facebook?

And excuse me for thinking that maybe this group really just wants my money :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on January 16, 2020, 04:18:40 PM
Who posted that on Facebook?

And excuse me for thinking that maybe this group really just wants my money :P

My sister shared that video. It seems to be a Fox News segment about such camps. She commented that she wouldn't be surprised if the next major terror attack in the US would come from one of these camps.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I mean according to that link the FBI publicly released their location almost two years ago. I guess Islamic Jihad just wants its terrorists really really well trained.