And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

That he is.  I just wish he wasn't exposing it by hiring the people doing it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Err, Trump is the guy who had to shut down his own crooked foundation and send his kids off to school to learn how not to be grifters like dad is, right?  Is he claiming now that his plea bargaining is 'draining the swamp?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on December 19, 2019, 04:43:25 AM

Technically, it was the Liberal-Democrat party in Japan for most of post-wwii though.  :P
Of course, it's a conservative party, from an extremely homogeneous country almost no immigration so I could see why it could appeal in theory to some.  :D
The Japanese « model » is not easily exportable though.

DGuller

I'm sure the 99.8% conviction rate would appeal to some.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

It is heartwarming to see that these savings offset all the new deficit overruns from the latest tax breaks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

I do have to say that Trumps over the top and completely superficial genuflecting at the shrine of the military is just fucking repulsive. And I am completely pro-military.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

The military worship of the right never ceases to disturb me.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I think it's horribly bad of a POTUS not to keep his salary (even if I have to assume that Trump does keep it, since they say he doesn't). It sends the signal that if you're not wealthy you shouldn't be in office.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

If you spend most of your time golfing and tweeting, don't review papers, and never hold a press conference, why do you need any White House staff at all?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2019, 05:10:05 PM
The military worship of the right United States never ceases to disturb me.
Fixed that.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 23, 2019, 08:12:08 AM
If you spend most of your time golfing and tweeting, don't review papers, and never hold a press conference, why do you need any White House staff at all?

Those emails to the Proud Boys don't write themselves.

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 23, 2019, 11:19:04 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2019, 05:10:05 PM
The military worship of the right United States people BA sneers at never ceases to disturb me.
Fixed that.

Fixed that for you.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!