News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Wow, it didn't take much for Walmart employees to become militarized.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2019, 11:19:09 AM

"Agian"?

I hope these are the same folks bitching about America's educational system.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Habbaku

"Others suffer, so you should have to as well" is so fucking stupid.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on November 27, 2019, 11:36:13 AM
"Others suffer, so you should have to as well" is so fucking stupid.

It is their go to thing. Unless you have it worse than military personnel actively deployed you should STFU.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I don't think bringing up the John Edwards thing is wise...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Wait, a blowjob not amounts to "weird sex"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on November 28, 2019, 03:11:09 AM
Wait, a blowjob not amounts to "weird sex"?

I think it probably meant the cigar stuff.

Valmy

Are the Republicans in favor of any of those things?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Camerus

Unsurprisingly, Hillary has by far the longest list of misdeeds in that meme.  It's creepy the extent to which right wing nuts are obsessed with her.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Camerus on November 28, 2019, 06:41:47 PM
Unsurprisingly, Hillary has by far the longest list of misdeeds in that meme.  It's creepy the extent to which right wing nuts are obsessed with her.

She was Trump's opponent, it's perfectly natural why Trump supporters are obsessed with her.

PRC

The Russian meme trolls producing and distributing this division fomenting content have done an impressive job.  Right-wingers who gobble it up, agreeing with the messages, have their biases confirmed while everyone else gets to laugh at those right-wing nuts for how ridiculous they are and have their own biases confirmed. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2019, 07:25:19 PM
Quote from: Camerus on November 28, 2019, 06:41:47 PM

She was Trump's opponent, it's perfectly natural why Trump supporters are obsessed with her.

No, it isn't.  Obama supporters weren't obsessed with Romney or McCain.  Bush supporters weren't obsessed with Gore or Kerry.  Clinton supporters weren't possessed with Dole or Bush.  The American right has been obsessed with Hillary Clinton for a quarter century.  It's not just some fringe thing either.  You hear the crazy conspiracy bullshit coming from people in Congress.  Hell, we had six Vince Foster investigations back in the 1990's and they still say Hillary Clinton murdered the guy.  Hillary has been a Fixe Idee for the GOP as long as I can remember.  I don't know why exactly, but it is true.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 28, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
No, it isn't.  Obama supporters weren't obsessed with Romney or McCain.  Bush supporters weren't obsessed with Gore or Kerry.  Clinton supporters weren't possessed with Dole or Bush.  The American right has been obsessed with Hillary Clinton for a quarter century.  It's not just some fringe thing either.  You hear the crazy conspiracy bullshit coming from people in Congress.  Hell, we had six Vince Foster investigations back in the 1990's and they still say Hillary Clinton murdered the guy.  Hillary has been a Fixe Idee for the GOP as long as I can remember.  I don't know why exactly, but it is true.

Conceded.