News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Come to think of it, the most bizarre court filing I've seen is some time was the defamation case Devin Nunes' lawyer filed against Twitter
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Larch

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 19, 2019, 07:34:48 PM
Come to think of it, the most bizarre court filing I've seen is some time was the defamation case Devin Nunes' lawyer filed against Twitter

Is that the one about the cow?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Larch on November 20, 2019, 06:08:40 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 19, 2019, 07:34:48 PM

Is that the one about the cow?

Yes that's the one.
Apparently the cow twitter account went from a couple hundred followers before the lawsuit to 650,000 after.
The real Nunes doesn't have many more twitter followers than that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

I love this thread, my inoculation against social media*  :)

*save Languish of course.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Democrat Hit List:
1.  Donald Trump
2.  Charlie Daniels

Tonitrus

And here I thought right-wingers always derided using celebrities as some kind of political expert.

Valmy

I don't understand the paranoia there. The Congress is exercising its authority to prevent the President from abusing his power. Just because he was elected it does not grant him unlimited authority. Nor is doing an investigation of a Constitutional nature trying to destroy somebody personally.

It is our business we don't like Trump but clearly it is not, since if we do anything to act on that he takes it as proof we are out to destroy him...doesn't sound like he doesn't take it very personally that somebody doesn't like Trump. He takes it as a personal threat to himself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2019, 09:22:01 AM

Like the Republicans trying to impeach Bill Clinton, or like the Republicans trying to block any legislative effort from Barrack Obama?

They are difficult to follow, sometimes ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould