Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

So in Ryan's version of events liberals aren't upset with Trump at all?

Ryan seems... less able.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Oh, and they also shared the Eric Trump post with the Gladiator quote. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

So lobby to get the law changed dickweed.

Valmy

I mean you are already free to sue for whatever reason tough guy
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

The gun manufacturers trying to limit their civil liability would be just thrilled by that expansive notion of harm causation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2019, 11:51:21 AM
No we are upset about things he actually did, not things nobody did.

I guess the conspiracy is Obama did these things?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

Orange is willing to meet almost anything.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

How does the fruit salad come into play? 

grumbler

Saucier took illegal pictures of classified information on a nuclear sub.  He plea-bargained that down to "unlawful retention of national defense information" and got just a year for it, instead of life for espionage (though there was no evidence he was trying to sell the info or working for a foreign power).  He's now suing hordes of people (including Barack Obama) for applying a different standard to Hillary Clinton than was applied to him.  No lawyer will touch his suit.  He seems like a total nutcase, and it's scary that the screening process didn't keep him out of the service, let alone the submarine service.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Hard to blame him when his lawyer validated his raving by presenting it as an legitimate argument in Court and then the President of the United States issued a pardon on the same basis.  The sentencing judge felt bad for him and was lenient, but probably should have noted the lack of willingness to accept responsibility and show true remorse and sentenced more harshly.  Trump would have let him off anyways for saying the magic safe word "Clinton"
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

When our highest officials regularly make a mockery our legal system, why would we expect ordinary folk to treat it with any more respect?
--Joan Robinson

dps

Quote from: grumbler on October 06, 2019, 05:43:20 PM
Saucier took illegal pictures of classified information on a nuclear sub.  He plea-bargained that down to "unlawful retention of national defense information" and got just a year for it, instead of life for espionage (though there was no evidence he was trying to sell the info or working for a foreign power).  He's now suing hordes of people (including Barack Obama) for applying a different standard to Hillary Clinton than was applied to him.  No lawyer will touch his suit.  He seems like a total nutcase, and it's scary that the screening process didn't keep him out of the service, let alone the submarine service.

Well, ya gotta be a bit cray to volunteer to serve in boats that are designed to sink.  :)