News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

All of the above I'd imagine.
Ignorant far right fucks just don't listen to 8/9 of them.
The 9th they listen to just so they can insult her.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Massive reading comp fail

QuoteYou have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The government just wants this shit to go away.

I do kind of get weirded out by the same people who talk about supporting cops are also claiming the only reason they have guns is to kill those same cops.

Finally: WTF does that image have to do with the message? Isn't that from Stranger Things? What does Stranger Things have to do with anything? Aren't memes supposed to have clever references? Or at least references that are references?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Eh, the government in Stranger Things built a portal to a dimension with monsters. Not that I think that was a consideration of the memester.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6JeX6dvEk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2XrlxCTwF7V8Pb2_xD_KNRbPz1JfquJpQvNn0bZAueL8swAdJ9_b7ThWc

QuoteNBC News: Hillary Clinton 'Covered Up' Pedophile Ring At State Department (2013)

NBC news from 2013 with Chuck Todd, Matt Lauer

It's claimed that Hillary Clinton, while secretary of state, shut down an investigation into an elite pedophile ring in State Department ranks in order to avoid scandal and protect the careers of high ranking officials and an ambassador.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

For the 100th time: if you have something on the Clintons go ahead and indict and arrest them. I don't give a shit.

Say what you want to about the Democrats, at least they are following through.

Oexmelin

Must be the same ring that runs Hollywood, and recruits hidden muslim actors for school shootings.

Seriously, however - the rhetoric of the deep state and conspiracy is scary as shit, because it's increasingly allowing Conservatives to portray themselves as defenders of - not Democracy - but "real" America. The fact that Trump is calling impeachment a coup, that he is retweeting civil war talk, that he is posting these geographical maps of all-red America - is much more dangerous than what people seem to believe. I mean, at the beginning of the Trump presidency, late night comedians turned somber about this sort of thing. Now, they are making fun of it. It's been normalized. Condemned, to be sure, but normalized.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Minsky Moment

Hillary Clinton was covering up for Matt Lauer ?!?!?!  Say it ain't so!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 02, 2019, 12:00:07 PM
Must be the same ring that runs Hollywood, and recruits hidden muslim actors for school shootings.

Seriously, however - the rhetoric of the deep state and conspiracy is scary as shit, because it's increasingly allowing Conservatives to portray themselves as defenders of - not Democracy - but "real" America. The fact that Trump is calling impeachment a coup, that he is retweeting civil war talk, that he is posting these geographical maps of all-red America - is much more dangerous than what people seem to believe. I mean, at the beginning of the Trump presidency, late night comedians turned somber about this sort of thing. Now, they are making fun of it. It's been normalized. Condemned, to be sure, but normalized.

Well when something happens several times a day for years it is, by definition, normal.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on October 02, 2019, 11:44:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6JeX6dvEk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2XrlxCTwF7V8Pb2_xD_KNRbPz1JfquJpQvNn0bZAueL8swAdJ9_b7ThWc

QuoteNBC News: Hillary Clinton 'Covered Up' Pedophile Ring At State Department (2013)

NBC news from 2013 with Chuck Todd, Matt Lauer

It's claimed that ....

Any time a claim starts in passive voice, just stop reading.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!