Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2019, 04:37:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2019, 03:51:06 PM
Indeed. I don't give a damn if people hate me for the color of my skin or my gender, I am going to do what I think is right. People hating others who are different than themselves is about as natural and normal as it gets. I was just taken aback to see it coming from people I otherwise respect.

Look, you guys are 100% correct that it shouldn't happen. It's wrong no matter how it's done. But I also know that sometimes giving as good as you get has an affect. Good, bad, or indifferent, that's where this stems from.

You should do what Catholics did back in the 19th century.  Kick their asses.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

that one actually made me laugh, mainly because I heard it in the actors voice in my head
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Insulting an entire generation is the best way to win hearts and minds.  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 28, 2019, 09:55:02 AM
Insulting an entire generation is the best way to win hearts and minds.  :wacko:

:D  Although I don't see how anyone could be insulted by claiming that their generation couldn't start a "lawnmower fruitcake." There's never been a generation in human history able to even make a decent lawnmower fruitcake, let alone start one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

it's all fun and games until a boomer needs to send an email or save a file.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on August 28, 2019, 11:03:05 AM
it's all fun and games until a boomer needs to send an email or save a file.
:lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on August 28, 2019, 10:48:21 AM

:D  Although I don't see how anyone could be insulted by claiming that their generation couldn't start a "lawnmower fruitcake." There's never been a generation in human history able to even make a decent lawnmower fruitcake, let alone start one.
I bet the Ottomans could have.  Thats many generations worth.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 28, 2019, 02:03:44 PM

The ability to make fruitcake footrests should not be extrapolated to the ability to make fruitcake lawnmowers. :contract:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on August 28, 2019, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 28, 2019, 02:03:44 PM

The ability to make fruitcake footrests should not be extrapolated to the ability to make fruitcake lawnmowers. :contract:
I can't argue with that. Nobody can.
PDH!

DGuller

What makes you qualified to speak for every generation of human history?  :hmm: Oh, right.  :blush:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Looks like they were made for each other.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Why are we greedy? Did Texans always bid way high on the showcase in the Price is Right or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."