And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

He hired two black dudes to call him nigger?  :huh:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2019, 07:18:00 PM
He hired two black dudes to call him nigger?  :huh:

Plus rough him up a bit, throw bleach on him and put a mini-noose around his neck so he could claim to be a hate crime victim. In some ways this was bigger than Tawana Brawley.

The original story was that two Trump supporters just happened to be in his part of Chicago at 2am during the polar vortex. They saw him and recognized him as being on a show Trump supporters never watch. They proceed to beat him, pour bleach on him, put a small noose around his neck, yell 'this is MAGA country', then run away. So many holes in the story, but many media outlets, activists, Democrat presidential hopefuls fall for the story, because the narrative is just too useful to them.  One would think the outrage mob would have learned from the Cov Cath thing not to jump the gun. Wonder how many more hate hoaxes it will take.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 17, 2019, 07:50:47 PM
One would think the outrage mob would have learned from the Cov Cath thing not to jump the gun. Wonder how many more hate hoaxes it will take.

An infinite amount because they are shouting into an echo chamber with people who are not going to fact check anything or remember what happened a few weeks ago.

Anyway I have not heard of this person or this incident nor do I have any idea what Cov Cath refers to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Did you pick this story up on some Stormfronty site Speesh?

dps

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2019, 09:01:05 PM
One would think the outrage mob would have learned from the Cov Cath thing not to jump the gun. Wonder how many more hate hoaxes it will take.

An infinite amount because they are shouting into an echo chamber with people who are not going to fact check anything or remember what happened a few weeks ago.

Anyway I have not heard of this person or this incident nor do I have any idea what Cov Cath refers to.

Cov Cath is the Native American/Black Isreali/high school student incident.

derspiess

Quote from: dps on February 17, 2019, 07:59:55 PM
I'd never heard of the dude before.

I didn't know of him either. I guess the hoax was a partial success.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2019, 09:05:38 PM

:huh:  Uh, no. Twitter. But thanks for thinking so highly of me.

Razgovory

The moment an inconsequential story for Fox News became the most important story in America.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2019, 09:05:38 PM

It was a big deal where you'd expect it to be (the gawker verse), but I dont think it was a big thing in the main stream   
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

What is the gawkerverse?  I've heard of gawker but am not familiar.  Is it a place where people throw memes at each other?

dps

I think the place I read about it was an article on CNN.com.

HVC

Websites that are owned by the same company. Jezebel, The root, io9, a bunch of other ones I can't remember. It's a weird combination of demographic specific news  sites, commentating community, and self enduced rage echo chamber.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on February 17, 2019, 09:24:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2019, 09:01:05 PM

Cov Cath is the Native American/Black Isreali/high school student incident.

Ah yeah. No I am pretty sure that crowd stuck with their initial gut reaction on that one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."