Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on January 27, 2019, 06:52:00 PM
Nah.  The NRA has been taking money from the Russians.  I don't think the SS would ever stoop that low.

Are you talking about the SS that pillaged its way through Russia?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Don't let reality get in the way of a good zinger.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2019, 03:02:17 AM
Should I be worried that my two oldest sisters are shifting away from posting Fox News articles and more towards Daily Caller and Daily Signal? :unsure:

The last set of facebook grabs you posted are pretty disturbing.  And not in a disturbing because they are so obviously wrong sort of way but in a disturbing disturbing way.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 01, 2019, 12:53:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2019, 03:02:17 AM
Should I be worried that my two oldest sisters are shifting away from posting Fox News articles and more towards Daily Caller and Daily Signal? :unsure:

The last set of facebook grabs you posted are pretty disturbing.  And not in a disturbing because they are so obviously wrong sort of way but in a disturbing disturbing way.

I think its a natural (d)evolution.

Syt

I can take consolation that for all the nonsense my family shares on Facebook, they have yet to reach the levels of the posts in this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/insanepeoplefacebook/

Some of that shit is really disturbing.

Also, I now have a yardstick as to when to stage an intervention. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grinning_Colossus

How does it compare to r/forwardsfromklandma?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tonitrus

Those memes are starting to sound like the Time Cube guy.

viper37

I'd love to get the source for that period diet :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Dumb bitch, your kid died.  How could the outcome have possibly been worse for him?  Well, living and having you raise him would be worse, I guess.

Syt

Not from my family.

Also, early entry for mother of the year:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?