News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Maybe nothing. But he was wearing a shirt with a leftwing slogan on it. You know if he were wearing a MAGA hat that image would be plastered all over the place.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2019, 06:27:36 PM
Maybe nothing. But he was wearing a shirt with a leftwing slogan on it. You know if he were wearing a MAGA hat that image would be plastered all over the place.

Ah, so fake news.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2019, 06:23:19 PM
The Landeros guy was a left-wing activist. Not sure if Antifa or not but probably close enough. He apparently had a lot of spare ammo in his backpack so it could have been a lot uglier.

Just like being a member of the NRA is "Probably close enough" to being an SS officer. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 27, 2019, 06:34:47 PM
The Landeros guy was a left-wing activist. Not sure if Antifa or not but probably close enough. He apparently had a lot of spare ammo in his backpack so it could have been a lot uglier.

Just like being a member of the NRA is "Probably close enough" to being an SS officer. :rolleyes:

You sure you want to use that analogy?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2019, 06:46:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 27, 2019, 06:34:47 PM

You sure you want to use that analogy?

Nah.  The NRA has been taking money from the Russians.  I don't think the SS would ever stoop that low.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Forgot to mention that Landeros was a member of a leftwing Militia-type group and had posted online about killing cops shortly before this incident, in which he shot at the cop and then himself was shot and killed.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 27, 2019, 06:25:55 PM
What does left wing of right wing have to do with it?

It was a custody dispute.

All politics on some level is a popularity contest.

You're not supposed to pull a gun in a custody dispute.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2019, 06:52:45 PM
Forgot to mention that Landeros was a member of a leftwing Militia-type group and had posted online about killing cops shortly before this incident, in which he shot at the cop and then himself was shot and killed.

Well he is dead so now you can celebrate.

Tons of custody battles end tragically especially when nutters are involved. But if you are so desperate to make this some kind of political win for your side go right ahead.

QuoteYou know if he were wearing a MAGA hat that image would be plastered all over the place.

Not by me it wouldn't. Fuck that shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Who said I was celebrating? I'm not happy that they are dead.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2019, 07:42:52 PM
Who said I was celebrating? I'm not happy that they are dead.

Really? You describe him as a dangerous terrorist militia member preparing to murder cops.

And you seem to be justifying the fringe nutter media Syr referenced trying to use him as some sort of bogeyman to generate paranoia and hatred on their side.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Yeah, really. Their daughter watched the whole thing. They were (was?) a dangerous nutter, but I wish they had gotten help instead.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2019, 06:52:45 PM

So is this big news in Trump world?  More evidence that all violence comes from the left and conservatives need to buy more guns for when the time comes?

PDH

Wait, so left wing activist = Antifa, or probably close enough?

Does this mean that the Left can say after a killing "Right wing activist = Nazi domestic terrorist, or probably close enough?"

Do we not see something wrong with this line of discourse?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

I was careless in posting that. I had more info to show this person to be a dangerous nutter, but neglected to mention it at the time.

celedhring