News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2018, 02:31:18 PM
Speaking of which, she and I get to have a voting date tomorrow.  We vote and then go have a nice breakfast before work :wub:

Then she takes a half-day off to go shoe shopping.

Awwwww how very civic and yet romantic at the same time :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

QuoteDan Shea
April 6, 2016 · McGregor, FL, United States
From a Florida ER doctor:
Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that's right 8, all Illegal Anchor Babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, hand bag, clothing, etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for each; you do the math. I used to say, "We are the dumbest nation on earth," Now I must say and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME) For we Elected the Idiot Ideologues who have passed the Bills that allow this.
Sorry, but we need a Revolution, If the Illegal Immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004. She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22' (notch) for her. It is interesting that the Federal Government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional $580 in Social Assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month. This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in Old Age Pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.
Maybe our Pensioners should apply as Refugees! Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the Refugees cut back to $1,012 and the Pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.
PLEASE SHOW THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Mark Burchett
November 9 at 9:52 AM

As of 9/30/18, Broward County Florida had 1,167,982 Registered voters.
They turned in 1,284,780 Ballots. THAT'S 110% Participation
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Think we could have dug up a few of these emergency votes in 2000, 2004, and 2016.

The rest of it is unsubstantiated stuff. I have no idea what law is being referred to for all the illegal anchor babies giving you $1,500 a month each that somehow applies to refugees or...something I have no idea. Nor do I see any actual information about the Broward County votes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zoupa

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2018, 06:17:23 PM
Think we could have dug up a few of these emergency votes in 2000, 2004, and 2016.

The rest of it is unsubstantiated stuff. I have no idea what law is being referred to for all the illegal anchor babies giving you $1,500 a month each that somehow applies to refugees or...something I have no idea. Nor do I see any actual information about the Broward County votes.

You are putting way more thought into these than either their creator, or the people who share them. The point is to support an opinion with them. Whether they are true or not is completely beside the point. Enough shares will make them true regardless.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on November 12, 2018, 08:27:42 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2018, 06:17:23 PM

You are putting way more thought into these than either their creator, or the people who share them. The point is to support an opinion with them. Whether they are true or not is completely beside the point. Enough shares will make them true regardless.
True.  I see the same things for Canada, all made up numbers.Refugees cost nothing to the Federal, all money they send has to be reimbursed after one year.  Provinces need to pay wellfare until they can find a job (which requires the Feds to move a little faster on either accepting them or refusing them, they can't work until they have the proper canadian documents, visa/citizenship)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Well, it is correct that those two sentences tell us a lot about whoever wrote and reposts those two sentences.

edit: reposts in a non ironic manner that is  :)

Valmy

The first sentence is not true at all. The second one is true because far more people are on social security than welfare so there is less reason to talk about it.

FunkMonk

The nice thing for the Russians who make up a lot of these idiot memes is that they can get away with factual errors, logical inconsistencies, and flat out poor grammar, and still have people reasonably assume it came from an actual Trump supporter.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 14, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
The first sentence is not true at all. The second one is true because far more people are on social security than welfare so there is less reason to talk about it.
#2 is because these things aren't calculated the same way.

Any pension fund, social security included, will be measured by acturaries: they evaluate what you receive today vs what you have to pay "tomorrow" (in 20,30,40 years, actually).  So when politicians, or media, talk about social security deficit, it means that if you keep contributions and benefits as they are today, you are going to be in deficit at some point in time.  Insurance work the same way.  They evaluate the risk a particular population will claim benefit and adjust premiums accordingly (ok, it's a tad more complex than that, but that's the general idea).

With welfare, a government taxes its citizens (or foreign commerce) and distributes a portion of that wealth to its citizens.  Same result, but different ways of calculations.  Since there's no specific tax (contributions) for welfare, govt won't evaluate a specific deficit, it's a pay-as-you-go type of system.  They collect money, they distribute it.

There is no evaluation of the needs of the population, unlike retirement where you know people will start collecting benefits between 55-65 years old and keep it until death (sometimes further, when it can be transfered to a surviving spouse).

A government will evaluate how much it pays for that each year, but not how much it will pay in 20, 30, 40 years from now.  It would be a meaningless stat anyway.  Welfare is not a contractual obligation, and it should be a government aim to minimize its payment, not maximize the comfort of the benefitor.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 14, 2018, 04:33:25 PM
The nice thing for the Russians who make up a lot of these idiot memes is that they can get away with factual errors, logical inconsistencies, and flat out poor grammar, and still have people reasonably assume it came from an actual Trump supporter.

:lol: