News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Yeah, one wonders why people think there is a Jewish anti Trump conspiracy behind this.  If there is a funder, it is much more likely to be the Koch brothers.

Maximus

Poor people can't afford to be refugees.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2018, 11:44:45 AM
I don't see how this caravan benefits anybody but Trump and the Republicans. How does this benefit us? Because we want to create a huge wedge issue to get people to vote Republican? Because we want to energize the Republican base so they can get out and beat us?

This conspiracy theory makes no sense.

Somethingsomethingwhitegenocide? My sister hasn't dropped to that level yet, but I feel we're heading there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

The other part is that the caravan is still a long way away.  What kind of conspiracy would organize an event that wouldn't even peak until a month after the election you are trying to influence?

The only reason this is an issue is because the right has made it one.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on November 05, 2018, 11:46:11 AM

Someone must be paying them to walk.  Why else would they pass up all those airmiles if they flew direct?  :D

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2018, 11:49:16 AM

Someone must be paying them to walk.  Why else would they pass up all those airmiles if they flew direct?  :D
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

:lol: Yeah that was a key argument during the "migrant crisis" in Hungary as well.

"Look, they have CELL PHONES!" "They have decent clothes!"

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2018, 11:48:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2018, 11:44:45 AM
I don't see how this caravan benefits anybody but Trump and the Republicans. How does this benefit us? Because we want to create a huge wedge issue to get people to vote Republican? Because we want to energize the Republican base so they can get out and beat us?

This conspiracy theory makes no sense.

Somethingsomethingwhitegenocide? My sister hasn't dropped to that level yet, but I feel we're heading there.

Well yes, if you could understand Hungarian you'd know from the glorious government that it is Soros and the people behind him's plan to eradicate the very fabric of European society (Christinaity, family, other non gay stuff) by overruning with a Muslim horde.

I am sure that's the American Soros Plan, just with the regional brown people available.

Valmy

I would be shocked it even one Democratic candidate is using this caravan in their campaign unless they are doing damage control.

Or unless they are one of those ultra-conservative Democrats trying to out-conservative their opponent but I don't think we have too many of those left.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2018, 11:45:02 AM
Yeah, one wonders why people think there is a Jewish anti Trump conspiracy behind this.  If there is a funder, it is much more likely to be the Koch brothers.

Yeah that kinda' shows the last ounce of rationality is now way out of this thing. What kind of evil mastermind would find this way of unleashing coloured hordes on unsuspecting Americans? By having a painfully slow and long march through half the continent, well announced and documented.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on November 05, 2018, 12:07:39 PM
Well yes, if you could understand Hungarian you'd know from the glorious government that it is Soros and the people behind him's plan to eradicate the very fabric of European society (Christinaity, family, other non gay stuff) by overruning with a Muslim horde.

I am sure that's the American Soros Plan, just with the regional brown people available.

Well then the joke is on him since the Muslim immigrants and much more socially conservative than Europeans...well ok maybe just the Western Europeans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Everybody knows there's no checks at the border.  :rolleyes:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I think one of the "rationales" for Democrats supposedly sponsoring these caravans is because these people and their families allegedly will then vote Democrat.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Hey, meme guy, if your ilk wasn't constantly shitting yourselves about terrorism, we wouldn't have to deal with those airport checks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2018, 12:12:48 PM
I think one of the "rationales" for Democrats supposedly sponsoring these caravans is because these people and their families allegedly will then vote Democrat.

Doubtful. Immigrants, even after they become citizens, do not vote in large percentages.

I mean if we were all about maximizing the number of immigrants than our policies when we have actually been in power have been counter-productive. Obama rigorously enforced the immigration laws. Something which he got zero credit for for some reason from that crowd.