News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Reminder, he's in the Army. I think he's a mechanic for helicopters or something.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2018, 08:46:50 AM
BTW where did Trump take the rock-throwing thing from? Footage from Gaza?

I think I saw footage of part of the caravan throwing rocks at one of the border crossings between Guatemala and Mexico (?) when they weren't allowed to pass.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

If only there was someway to deal with unruly civilians short of live ammunition  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 02, 2018, 09:01:33 AM
Throw rocks back at them?

So maybe death by instant execution should be the punishment for every single crime since there is no non-lethal way to deal with them :lol:

Come on dude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2018, 08:50:57 AM
And yeah this is just disgusting.

I mean, you don't want to let people with no legal right to enter into your country? Fine. Probably you have a shitty reason for it but I agree with Valmy: change shitty laws, not just ignore them.

But welcoming the thought of gunning down civilians who want to enter and live in your country peacefully? The fuck.

I guess tho they convince themselves its a band of arab terrorists and latin gangsters. Armed to the teeth, cleverly trying to get through the border by... throwing rocks.

Evil lurks in the hearts of all people, sad as it may be.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Tamas

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on November 02, 2018, 09:58:57 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2018, 09:02:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 02, 2018, 09:01:33 AM
Throw rocks back at them?

Really? You are going to defend this?

It was a joke.  FFS, lighten up people.

It was not funny, and hardly the time to be making a joke.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 02, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
What's wrong with the timing?
we're changing time this week-end.  No time for jokes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on November 02, 2018, 08:59:16 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2018, 08:46:50 AM
BTW where did Trump take the rock-throwing thing from? Footage from Gaza?

I think I saw footage of part of the caravan throwing rocks at one of the border crossings between Guatemala and Mexico (?) when they weren't allowed to pass.

There is a second, smaller group that clashed with Mexican police at the border a couple days ago.  AFAIK the original "caravan" crossed peacefully and there have been no violent incidents I've seen reported.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 02, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
What's wrong with the timing?

Nothing, if you care little about the fact that your President is leading a bunch of white nationalists to think that killing people is a great idea.