Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 04, 2018, 04:29:13 AM

Ok while I do not regard it ideal, it is better than allowing rampant sexual abuse to go on. Don't we also care about our female friends and relations being safe?

But I don't get the due process part. Nobody is sending Kav to prison right? And how will confirming him achieve anything? I mean besides show that people making accusations of sexual abuse against you does not matter at all? Because that is a weird position to take.

I mean what if he did do it? Is that just an impossibility?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

It's a dumb Russian troll meme and should be ignored anyway.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Not sure how Republicans can complain that due process was not observed when the Republican majority of that committee and the Republican chair of that committee decided the process which would used.  How they thought that the process which was used would in any way resemble a fair fact finding procedure for either the complainant or the respondent is perplexing.

derspiess

I have a friend on FB that would give Syt's in-laws a run for their money.  Dude is retired and spends all his time sharing pro-Trump memes.  I'd unfollow or unfriend him, were it not for the fact that he posts pictures he takes at our youth football games and is really good at it :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah I hate those really political preachy types on Facebook.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 09, 2018, 01:34:17 PM
This from people consuming FoxNews?

I thought it was a critique of Fox News  :D

Also, whoever wrote that meme does not remember Cronkite's role in the turn in public opinion against the Vietnam war.  He did not just "read the news".  He took a reasoned position.

Razgovory

What is really rich is that many conservatives blamed Cronkite's bias for the loss of the Vietnam war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 09, 2018, 01:50:32 PM

I thought it was a critique of Fox News  :D

Also, whoever wrote that meme does not remember Cronkite's role in the turn in public opinion against the Vietnam war.  He did not just "read the news".  He took a reasoned position.

I'm certain they know about Cronkite's short piece to camera about Vietnam, but I  think they delight in pulling this sort of bullshit; knowing the 'truth', twisting it 180 degrees and still being able to hoodwink the gullible.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Camerus

And from a source with the reasoned, moderate and dignified name of Daily Dose of Butthurt.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 09, 2018, 07:47:37 PM

Fox is not unique in this.

You are correct, the UK has its own perhaps more virulent version.

Eddie Teach

CNN does the competing talking heads thing too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?