News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Can't they move on already? :huh:

Actually, maybe they were triggered by seeing her on Murphy Brown.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It's very telling that it's only corruption if the other side does it. E.g. GWB's administration used private email servers (with lots of emails from the run up to the invasion of Iraq that were subpoenaed "lost"), so does the Trump administration, and Trump is still using his unsecured cell (unless that's changed in the meantime).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Syt on September 29, 2018, 02:23:18 AM
It's very telling that it's only corruption if the other side does it. E.g. GWB's administration used private email servers (with lots of emails from the run up to the invasion of Iraq that were subpoenaed "lost"), so does the Trump administration, and Trump is still using his unsecured cell (unless that's changed in the meantime).

Trump should be in a secure cell.  Probably a padded one.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: dps on September 29, 2018, 02:38:55 AM
Trump should be in a secure cell.  Probably a padded one.
I would love to see him stuck in Sisyphean hell where he is dragging bags of ill gotten gains up a hill only to have all of the money fall out by the time he reaches his destination and as such have to regather it and begin again.  That would be glorious. :)

edit:  Oh, and images of Obama and Hillary try to offer a way out but he never follows the advice.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

QuoteIf Kavanaugh Does Not Get Confirmed, Trump Should Make Him Attorney General And Unleash Him On The Swamp!!!
#MAGA
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

That's silly. AG also requires Senate confirmation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

I suppose that in theory, someone could be considered qualified to be Attorney General but not qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.  Well, forget theory, look at practice.  Anybody think that Bobby Kennedy would have been confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice if JFK had nominated him for that position instead of picking him as his AG?  And we've had other AG who wouldn't have ever been considered for the Court, much less nominated or confirmed.  But that's a bit besides the point, because the question with Kavanaugh isn't his formal qualifications.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

I wonder if they really don't understand how people get elected and the scrutiny candidates go through during their nominations and general elections.

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 30, 2018, 01:44:45 AM
That's silly. AG also requires Senate confirmation.

Does OG require Senate confirmation?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2018, 12:50:02 AM

Yeah because nobody has ever tried to dig up dirt on those people before :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on October 01, 2018, 10:05:39 AM

Nope. The Emperor can name them himself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2018, 12:50:02 AM

Can we then submit Kavanaugh to and up-or-down vote of the people?  Him against Merrick Garland.
because i'll take that deal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on October 01, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

All of them? Without peeking at his notes?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on October 01, 2018, 01:38:35 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 01, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

All of them? Without peeking at his notes?

He has to ad lib on the names sometimes, but he remembers all their faces.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall