Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 21, 2018, 10:27:21 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2018, 10:09:00 AM
Yes

Well next time be wiser about what skin colour you come to this world with! #notpolicefault

My mother told me once it was a consideration when she was thinking of having kids with my father - bringing kids into the world with a strike against them from birth. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

:(

Well I am sure she is glad she made the right choice  :hug:

Grey Fox

It's a strike in America, not everywhere.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2018, 11:48:56 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 21, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

Not a boon in Britain.

With the Brexit stuff bringing the nastier opinions of the locals out in the open, I sure am happy I can hide my immigrant status as long as I keep my mouth shut.

Grey Fox

garbon

It isn't a neutral quality in Britain either.  ;)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on September 21, 2018, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

Not a boon in Britain.

With the Brexit stuff bringing the nastier opinions of the locals out in the open, I sure am happy I can hide my immigrant status as long as I keep my mouth shut.

Catch-22. How do you lose your accent without practice?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

I've been invited to skip security checks in India and Africa (Kenya and Ethiopia come to mind) because I'm white.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

You are truly a citizen of the world.

#humblebrag

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on September 21, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

I've been invited to skip security checks in India and Africa (Kenya and Ethiopia come to mind) because I'm white.

Did you: check your privilege?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I've mentioned before being on a flight from Brazil to Miami, flight mostly full of Brazilians.  There's a long line for customs for visitors, a very short line for US citizens.  We get asked if we're American - we respond that we're Canadians.  We are told to go to the US line anyways.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 21, 2018, 01:00:46 PM
You are truly a citizen of the world.

#humblebrag

Your post is yet another example of white privledge. A white guy goes to a place like India and that is considered to show class. An actual Indian is considered not worthy of being here (by a lot of people at least).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Where is being a Black American better than being a White American?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017