News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2018, 05:47:04 PM
Please. He was being asinine and all pouty and lashing out at Valmy about a misunderstanding. There was no reason for him to cry that he was going to take his ball home and I reacted accordingly.

You reacted like you usually do - stepping into a misunderstanding and escalating it by being a little shit.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2018, 05:55:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2018, 05:47:04 PM
Please. He was being asinine and all pouty and lashing out at Valmy about a misunderstanding. There was no reason for him to cry that he was going to take his ball home and I reacted accordingly.

You reacted like you usually do - stepping into a misunderstanding and escalating it by being a little shit.

That seems highly unlikely. My commentary is not what caused that drama queen to flame out.

After all, he's the one who clarified his issue was that Valmy supposedly creates misunderstandings all the time.

Also, it is true, I've no tolerance for dramatics when someone is choosing to exit. Slink off with some quiet dignity, not some sob story where we are supposed to beg for you to stay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I'm with both Jacob and garbon.  Don't threaten to quit, that's childish.  But if someone threatens to quit, don't be a giant douchebag and basically dare someone to follow through with it.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2018, 05:59:49 PMThat seems highly unlikely. My commentary is not what caused that drama queen to flame out.

I didn't say your shitty snide intervention caused anything, I said it escalated it.

QuoteAfter all, he's the one who clarified his issue was that Valmy supposedly creates misunderstandings all the time.

Valmy does do that, and it's incredibly tedious. You wouldn't notice, of course, because you rarely post anything of substance so Valmy rarely replies to you.

And you stepped into an exchange about something being tedious due to a misunderstanding and made it even more tedious by being a snide condescending shit.

QuoteAlso, it is true, I've no tolerance for dramatics when someone is choosing to exit. Slink off with some quiet dignity, not some sob story where we are supposed to beg for you to stay.

How about you shut your mouth instead of being a snide shit?

Eddie Teach

I also rarely post anything of substance yet Valmy replies to me all the time.  :sleep:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 10, 2018, 05:51:30 PM
So let me see if I got this right...

- Languish is on one of it's usual downward spirals/tangents about the origin of "WASP".
- Valmy makes a sarcastic comment to Raz.
- CC calls it trolling.
- Raz answers the sarcastic question with a good deadpan riposte.
- Valmy is offended his sarcasm is referred to as "trolling".
- Usual Languish personal indignation ensues.

I think we've been down these kind of roads before.  :D

First: Raz was joking and I was joking back, I was not 'trolling' him. Trolling is trying to piss somebody off, trying to get a rise out of them, not making a joke in good fun.

Secondly CC was not responding to my response to Raz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2018, 06:21:24 PM
Valmy does do that, and it's incredibly tedious.

No I don't and fuck you for this characterization. You may find me a fucking idiot but I assure you I come by it honestly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 10, 2018, 06:52:55 PM
I also rarely post anything of substance yet Valmy replies to me all the time.  :sleep:

I like you Eddie. And you usually post stuff that is obnoxious enough for me to respond.

I usually agree with garbon so I usually don't need to respond.

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on September 10, 2018, 07:55:41 PM
What I miss?

Gonorrhea called Sobel a Jew. Liebgott took offense 'cause he's a Jew, too.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Maybe you should leave the nicknames to Yi.  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2018, 10:20:18 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 10, 2018, 07:55:41 PM
What I miss?

Gonorrhea called Sobel a Jew. Liebgott took offense 'cause he's a Jew, too.

I thought it was 'cause they're both Canadian.  But maybe being Canadian and Jewish has nothing to do with it;  maybe they both just have sticks up their asses.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2018, 09:40:47 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 10, 2018, 05:51:30 PM
So let me see if I got this right...

- Languish is on one of it's usual downward spirals/tangents about the origin of "WASP".
- Valmy makes a sarcastic comment to Raz.
- CC calls it trolling.
- Raz answers the sarcastic question with a good deadpan riposte.
- Valmy is offended his sarcasm is referred to as "trolling".
- Usual Languish personal indignation ensues.

I think we've been down these kind of roads before.  :D

First: Raz was joking and I was joking back, I was not 'trolling' him. Trolling is trying to piss somebody off, trying to get a rise out of them, not making a joke in good fun.

Secondly CC was not responding to my response to Raz.
can we all get along? Can we, can we get along? Can we stop making it horrible for the older people and the kids? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.