Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

More importantly, how many posters will Valmy drive away?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2018, 11:26:15 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2018, 11:23:29 AM
Wow, so he misunderstood the verb you had used. Why did that need you to then edit your post and add more commentary? :wacko:

Because this happens so often with him I have lost count.

Because you plunged ahead instead of clarifying.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2018, 12:39:48 PM
:(

I apologize man. I am clearly too stupid and idiotic to speak to the great CC.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2018, 12:39:48 PM
:(

I apologize man. I am clearly too stupid and idiotic to speak to the great CC.

No, that was aimed at his decision, not how you talked to him. No need to apologize. :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2018, 12:51:51 PM
Jesus Christ.

Well fuck me.

No reason for you to feel bad.  When a Canuck is bound and determined to feel butthurt, then he'll feel butthurt no matter what you say.

If CC comes back, then fine.  If he's gone, then fine.  He was at best a neutral contributor in terms of signal to noise.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on September 10, 2018, 01:41:16 PM
No reason for you to feel bad.  When a Canuck is bound and determined to feel butthurt, then he'll feel butthurt no matter what you say.

If CC comes back, then fine.  If he's gone, then fine.

This I mean it is never great for us to lose anyone but hey, if they aren't in the headspace to put up with us knuckleheads some time away is probably a good idea.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2018, 05:19:33 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 10, 2018, 01:41:16 PM

If CC comes back, then fine.  If he's gone, then fine.

This I mean it is never great for us to lose anyone but hey, if they aren't in the headspace to put up with us knuckleheads some time away is probably a good idea.

You were not being a "knucklehead", you were being a little shit. There's a distinction there.

garbon

Please. He was being asinine and all pouty and lashing out at Valmy about a misunderstanding. There was no reason for him to cry that he was going to take his ball home and I reacted accordingly.

Tonitrus

So let me see if I got this right...

- Languish is on one of it's usual downward spirals/tangents about the origin of "WASP".
- Valmy makes a sarcastic comment to Raz.
- CC calls it trolling.
- Raz answers the sarcastic question with a good deadpan riposte.
- Valmy is offended his sarcasm is referred to as "trolling".
- Usual Languish personal indignation ensues.

I think we've been down these kind of roads before.  :D